Too many players signed or just a poo squad? (championship)

• Thread starter Thread starter Dicko1878
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3K

Dicko1878

Reaction score
Well basically I won the nPower league 1 with Hudderfield with ease and just before the transfer window of the new season I had a board take over, and the new chairman ploughed £22mil and gave me a wage budget of 400k (I said instead of avoiding relegation id challenge for the title). I had previously released around 22 players who i though wouldnt cut it in the Championship and started rebuilding my squad, my signings:

Branescu - Loan - GK
Andy Wilkinson - 1.2mil - DR
Craig Cathecart - 5 mil - CB
Ritchie De Laet - Free - CB
Jack Robinson - Loan - LB
N'Doye - 100k - CDM (cant remember his full name)
Victor Caceres - 1mil CDM (dunno how i got the work permit but i did somehow)
Danny Guthrie - 2.2mil - CM
Ignacio Scocco - 4.5mil - AMRLC
Melikson - 2.5mil - AMRLC
Jack Mellis - Loan - A/MC
Sylvain Marveaux - 2mil - AMLC
Pasquale Foggia - Free - AMRLC
Fraizer Campbell - 3mil - ST
Jonathan Soriano - Free - ST

I play a 4-2-3-1 (one dm and on cm) and im conceeding so many goals and losing quite a lot of games and after 15 games i currently lie 9th. I was wondering is this, is it my signings that havent gelled proper (im in december) or is my squad just utter ****... Any help would be great thanks!

Well ninth is hardly bad going for a promoted club.

Too many signings. Put your additional focus area on team work, and then they should blend together better. Keep checking the assistants comments about it (in the screen where he reviews your last team talk).

Too many signings. Put your additional focus area on team work, and then they should blend together better. Keep checking the assistants comments about it (in the screen where he reviews your last team talk).

I have noticed that my team talks about doing it for the fans etc dont have any effect at all, any ideas?

It always does take a lot of time for new players to fit in a squad. When you buy all new players and some of them are talented but quite young it can be hard to win immediately all games. Most of the times when I buy a new squad the second half is much better than first half and I think you can manage to reach the playoffs.

Agree with the others. Being 9th with à brand new squad is actually great for à newly promoted team:)

As above - too many new players. Plus always go for the boards lowest goal for the season, that way they are usually pleased or delighted with your achievements for the season.

Don't completely agree with the last part. Go for a realistic goal. Not to low but certainly not to high. But always look for the extra cash for higher goals. Maybe you need it to pay your wages of the future transfers or the super striker thats needed to fullfill your goals.

Don't completely agree with the last part. Go for a realistic goal. Not to low but certainly not to high. But always look for the extra cash for higher goals. Maybe you need it to pay your wages of the future transfers or the super striker thats needed to fullfill your goals.

It would be boring if we all thought the same, now wouldn't it !

It always does take a lot of time for new players to fit in a squad. When you buy all new players and some of them are talented but quite young it can be hard to win immediately all games. Most of the times when I buy a new squad the second half is much better than first half and I think you can manage to reach the playoffs.

Well second half of the season is going well, Currently in second although i keep conceeding D=

Back