too much?

• Thread starter Thread starter andrew88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 874

andrew88

Reaction score
am i the only person who belives that they have made fm2010 far to complicated and inconcsistent? i have tried and tried to be patient and have also tried many tactics and tweaking myself but still no joy i have played fm for the past 5 years n never had this problem i play with liverpool and have a very good squad at my disposal yet i played hull city at home in the league and won 7-1 and then the following week in the league cup with the exact same formation/players/team talks and in game shouts lost 2-0 its like the game picks the scores out of thin air any idea what can be done ??? any suggestions greatfull thank you.

I'm sure many Liverpool fans feel the same week in week out!!!

Show's how realistic the game is that Liverpool have no consistancy and lose easy games for no apparent reason.

Can't really comment on what your doing though, I had consistancy issues at times with Chelsea but now I'm at Barca my only real issue is over confidence.

does a manager in real life pick the exact same team/formation/tactic and issue the same pitchside instructions evey week?

no.

tailor your team selection/formation to your next opponents trengths and weaknesses, and issue pitchside instructions accordingly. ie if you are dominating possesion and are winning easily there is no point saying get stuck in etc.

Last edited:
It's definitely the most complex Football Manager yet but SI have done really well at making it accessible.

Never use the same team talks 2 games in a row is one of my golden rules.I also vever use Opposition Instructions or Touchline shouts.

Give these tactics a bash,ive won all domestic comps with Liverpool,world cup with france and im currently using with Boro in the championship,with 7 games left to play im top with 95 points and ive scored over 100 league goals.Dont change anything,simply use it every game:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1171

you do really have to change literally every game in Fm10, so yes it may be more "complicated" but doing so making it more realistic as you cant keep the same formation all season long and win every game without any changes like you did on Fm09 and Fm08.

so its harder, i lost 7-1 to Real Madrid (Deportivo) then lost 6-3 to Barcelona then came back and have won 3 on the trot agains Zaragoza, Getafe and Valencia so you just have to adapt to each game.

does a manager in real life pick the exact same team/formation/tactic and issue the same pitchside instructions evey week?

no.

Alex McLeish does. and Birmingham are solid as anyone.

player selection and probably formation wise sure, hes done that recently. but theres no way theyve been sent out with the same mentality every week, and certainly no way hes repeated the same thing at half time and from the touchline very week.

cheers for all the help people i think i was having a fm meltdown when this thread was put up lol im starting to become more patient now, im going to try and use some tactics on this site to see if they can help a little bit more :)

Back