Too weak to challenge?

• Thread starter Thread starter jgadd91
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

jgadd91

Reaction score
I've been getting increasingly frustrated with my team Valencia not getting close to Real Madrid and Barca, i feel it is a strong team but i may be wrong, what do you reckon? Please note key players like Villa, Silva and Marchena were offloaded to clear Valencia's huge debts. If my team is not good enough please be honest and say where i need to improve, thanks.

<CENTER>
</CENTER><TABLE borderColor=#000000 width="90%" align=center><TBODY><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>Pkd</TD><TD>Inf</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD>Position</TD><TD>Last 5 Games</TD><TD>Con</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>GK</TD><TD>Fgn</TD><TD>Francisco Guillermo Ochoa</TD><TD>GK</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>DR</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dirk Marcellis</TD><TD>D RC</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>DL</TD><TD>Wnt</TD><TD>Jérémy Mathieu</TD><TD>D/WB/M L</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>DC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Samba</TD><TD>D C</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>DC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Daniel Carriço</TD><TD>D C</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>DMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Blaise Matuidi</TD><TD>DM, M C</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>MC</TD><TD>Fgn</TD><TD>Hernanes</TD><TD>DM, AM RLC</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>AMR</TD><TD>Fgn</TD><TD>Alexis Sánchez</TD><TD>AM RL, F C</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>AML</TD><TD>Trn</TD><TD>Juan Manuel Mata</TD><TD>AM LC, F C</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>ST</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ezequiel Lavezzi</TD><TD>F C</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>ST</TD><TD></TD><TD>Fernando Llorente</TD><TD>ST</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>S1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Antonio Doblas</TD><TD>GK</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>S2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Diego Lugano</TD><TD>SW, D C</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>S3</TD><TD></TD><TD>Diego Capel</TD><TD>AM L</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>S4</TD><TD>Lrn</TD><TD>Jack Wilshere</TD><TD>AM RLC</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>S5</TD><TD></TD><TD>Roberto Canella</TD><TD>D/WB/M L</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>S6</TD><TD>PR</TD><TD>Sunny</TD><TD>DM, M C</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>S7</TD><TD></TD><TD>Nathan Delfouneso</TD><TD>ST</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>-</TD><TD>Yth</TD><TD>Fernando</TD><TD>GK</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>-</TD><TD>Yth</TD><TD>Juan Caballero</TD><TD>D/WB RL</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>-</TD><TD>Inj</TD><TD>Lorenzo De Silvestri</TD><TD>D/WB R</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>-</TD><TD>Lst</TD><TD>Thiago Carleto</TD><TD>D/WB L</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>-</TD><TD>Ine</TD><TD>Rubén Baraja</TD><TD>DM, M C</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ever Banega</TD><TD>DM, AM C</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>Clément Grenier</TD><TD>AM RC</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>-</TD><TD>Inj</TD><TD>Joaquín</TD><TD>AM R</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>-</TD><TD>Ine</TD><TD>Míchel</TD><TD>AM C</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>-</TD><TD>Yth</TD><TD>Aimar Salinas</TD><TD>ST</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mata up front with lavezzi, play sanchez left wing with joaquin on the right, also try play banega a few matches when possible he is amazing, you need another world class striker along the lines of vagner love, berbatov etc....you should also play de silvestri over marcelis unless you are planning on loaning him out whihc could be a good move. i would recommend a centre back such as fazio, yobo, henrique to play instead of carrico

I think centre backs are needed, maybe david luiz, chyrgrisky(sp), Demichellis. You need some better strikers like Vagner Love, Cardozo, Hunterlaar, Marquinhos, Keirrison and i think you need some centre mids like Joau Moutinho and Veloso. How much money do you have to spend???

Think your main issue is lack of firepower.

Getting rid of Villa, you have huge boots to fill. Unfortunately the only way you can realistically get replacements is by training up or buying in young talent for cheap, and building them up using Valencia's decent facilities. This won't cost you too much.

Don't expect instant success though, you've sold your best players.

you need a new playmaker so look at moutinho as he will score and assist.
you also need some strong cbs so look at sakho and zapata, maybe leo from gremio would be useful
strikers are where you need the most improvement though, have a look at rossi, vagner love or keirrison

If Vagner Love hasn't been taken (unlikely), then you can usually get him for around 10mill.

If you can afford that, go for him, he's a proven finisher on this game.

Back