Top Coaches / Best Staff

• Thread starter Thread starter Danwolf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 211K

Danwolf

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm currently making a list of 5 and 4.5 star coaches. Please let me know any others that you find so we can get this "stuck".

Coaches
Fitness:
Damian Roden
Fábio Mahseredjian
Massimo Neri

Tactical:
Simone Montanaro

Ball Control:
René Meulensteen (4.5)
Marcel Lucassen (4.5)

Defense:
Jaap Stam

Shooting:
René Meulensteen (4.5)
Rodolfo Borrell (4.5)
Paul Scholes (4, but goes to 4.5 after one training course)

GK Handling:
José Manuel Otxotorena

Other
Assistant Manager - Mauro Tassotti

Director of Football - Walter Sabatini

Head of Development
- Bruno Conti, Bernhard Peters, Thomas Albeck, Ernesto Andres, Rodolfo Borrell, Wim Jonk, Hans-Martin Kleitsch, Norbert Elgert, Otto Addo, Lars Ricken, Dave Parnaby, Phil Cannon

Physios - Lieven Maesschalck, David Fevre

Resources:
ankitd1994
NTH1293
Passion 4 FM

Last edited:
Shooting: Rene Meulensteen
Fitness: Massimo Neri (this guy can do a lot of other stuff as well)
Head Physio/Physio: Lieven Maesschalck, David Fevre

I signed loads in my United save will add more shortly

Shooting: Rene Meulensteen
Fitness: Massimo Neri (this guy can do a lot of other stuff as well)
Head Physio/Physio: Lieven Maesschalck, David Fevre

I signed loads in my United save will add more shortly

Rene's 4.5 on my save. Is he 5 on yours? Also is Neri 5*?

Rene's 4.5 on my save. Is he 5 on yours? Also is Neri 5*?

oh yeah they're 4.5. But I don't think its worth making a list of only 5* coaches, I mean most of the time they don't want to enter contract talks and teams can't sign them or they will cost too much, the 4.5* on the other hand mostly will agree to sign, which is the whole point of making a list, for managers to find near perfect coaches that they can actually sign :D plus I don't think you can find that many 5* coaches in the game

oh yeah they're 4.5. But I don't think its worth making a list of only 5* coaches, I mean most of the time they don't want to enter contract talks and teams can't sign them or they will cost too much, the 4.5* on the other hand mostly will agree to sign, which is the whole point of making a list, for managers to find near perfect coaches that they can actually sign :D plus I don't think you can find that many 5* coaches in the game

All the ones I listed are 5* and signed for Saints second season :P I've added them to the list to. I thought Neri would be 5*

There are very few 5 star coaches i believe. Might be worth extending your list to 4.5 star.

There are very few 5 star coaches i believe. Might be worth extending your list to 4.5 star.

Not to mention that a 5* coach in one game might be only a 4.5* coach in another. A lot of coach attributes are randomized.

I've managed to find 5* coaches in every category except Ball Control and Shooting in my game, there simply aren't any 5* coaches in those two categories yet. And there are also already lists like this out there, like the one MANUMAD linked to.

I could list several coaches, physios and stuff, but I just don't see the point when so many attributes are randomized. Just go to the staff search and apply the appropriate filters. Start off with Determination/Motivating/Discipline all at 18, then lower them one by one to find more coaches. And remember that except for the 2 fitness categories, a coach will ALWAYS need Technical or Tactics Coaching in addition to the 3 mental attributes.
Technical is necessary for Ball Control, Shooting, and GK Handling.
Tactics is necessary for Tactics, Defending, Attacking and GK Shot Stopping.

So even if you find a coach with 20 in all the 3 mental attributes, he won't do you any good in coaching if his Tactics and Technical are too low.

Certainly Dave Parnaby should be on the HOYD list, has got me tons of wonderkids in recruitment. Also Sabatini as a DOF, Scholes as a Shooting coach (starts off at 4* but 4.5 in a season or with one training course), Rodolfo Borrell as a shooting coach too (4.5*). Lucassen for Ball Control (4.5*) too

Jacques Storm and Carlos Pracidelli 4.5 Goalkeeping
And Massimo Neri is actually 5* in both fitness categories.

Not to mention that a 5* coach in one game might be only a 4.5* coach in another. A lot of coach attributes are randomized.

I've managed to find 5* coaches in every category except Ball Control and Shooting in my game, there simply aren't any 5* coaches in those two categories yet. And there are also already lists like this out there, like the one MANUMAD linked to.

I could list several coaches, physios and stuff, but I just don't see the point when so many attributes are randomized. Just go to the staff search and apply the appropriate filters. Start off with Determination/Motivating/Discipline all at 18, then lower them one by one to find more coaches. And remember that except for the 2 fitness categories, a coach will ALWAYS need Technical or Tactics Coaching in addition to the 3 mental attributes.
Technical is necessary for Ball Control, Shooting, and GK Handling.
Tactics is necessary for Tactics, Defending, Attacking and GK Shot Stopping.

So even if you find a coach with 20 in all the 3 mental attributes, he won't do you any good in coaching if his Tactics and Technical are too low.

I thought that the staff attributes were mostly fixed at the start but all have a fixed growth rate for some reason. Certainly in all of my saves so far they've been the same. Can anyone else confirm this, or how their attributes grow?

Also, you've given me the idea of adding filters at least - similar to the ones from MyPassion4FM.

Thanks MANUMAD, I'll use that as a resource later and hopefully we can get a much bigger/better list. Do you know if any of the guys on there come over to FM-Base?

Certainly Dave Parnaby should be on the HOYD list, has got me tons of wonderkids in recruitment. Also Sabatini as a DOF, Scholes as a Shooting coach (starts off at 4* but 4.5 in a season or with one training course), Rodolfo Borrell as a shooting coach too (4.5*). Lucassen for Ball Control (4.5*) too

Added all of them :)

Jacques Storm and Carlos Pracidelli 4.5 Goalkeeping
And Massimo Neri is actually 5* in both fitness categories.

Thank you :). Is that for Shot Stopping and GK Handling?

If anyone wants to give help with formatting, then please feel free to!

Last edited:
I'll update this into tables some point tomorrow unless someone else has better ideas? Also, I'm tempted to have a "Good Tutor" section with players who are Model Professionals/Citizens.

OK, i like to change staff when I come to new team. Need ofc 5 star coaches. Give me Your tips about it. In this moment I have Arsenal in 1st season. I fired most of staff and tryed to hire 5 star coaches:

5,0 star Strength: Tony Colbert
4,5 star Aerobic: Shad Forsythe
4,5 star Tactics: Martin Keown
4,5 star Ball Control: René Meulensteen
5,0 star Defending: Jaap Stam
4,5 star Attacking: Thomas Albeck, Wim Jonk
4,5 star Shooting: Lucjan Brychczy
4,5 star Shot Stopping: Gerry Peyton
5,0 star Handling: José Manuel Otxotorena

Ik that I can dismiss Forsythe, but I thought it will be to expensive for 0,5 star. Jaap Stam is always 5 star def, so he is obligatory. Most of my problems is with 4,5 star att. Albeck is not always 4,5 and he is not so good (imo) Assistant.

Back