Top Gunner 4-1-2-1-2

• Thread starter Thread starter jonflip
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 19K

jonflip

Reaction score
hi, use the same formation (and the same team) for years now. well, it works.

basically its like this

sweeper keeper (defend)

fb (support) - cb (defend) - cb (defend) - fb (support

dm (defend)

adv.playmaker (support) - box-to-box (support) with position swap

trequartista (attack)

compl.forward (attack) - adv.forward (attack)

1st season - champion
2nd season - champion, facup winner
3rd season - champion, championsleague winner

in all three season i had the best goaldifference, scoring most goals, conceding fewest (expect for season 1).

highlight game was against real madrid in 2010/2011, losing 4-1 in madrid, winning 5-1 at home. lost in the finale against manu though :$

never tried this tactic (or the edited training groups) with other, perhaps lower teams. i love Arsenal. next goal is to go unbeaten over 50 games :D

feel free to share and express thoughts/experiences !

Last edited:
Good work.|)
can't help you with uploading unfortunately

Why don't you just upload the tactic file then we can just download it.?

Too upload all you do it.

Click on the paper clip icon when you are posting and then click browse now go to your tactic folder which can be found Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > Tactics

Then just double click the file and then click upload then you will have to wait and you will see the file when the upload is done then post and the tactic file will come up on here for us to download

Jonflip I love your tactic, have just started a game with United Playing this tactic. I bought van der vaart for 9,5 mil, toulalan for 15 mil. and Kacar for 12,5 mil. to get more quality for my CM, OM and DM postitions. After thrashing every team in off-season, best team to beat was fener with 5-0, I went on totaly trashing Chelsea in the Community Shield.

This tactic seams to work absoulty fantastic if you have good midfielders and a strong defence.

hi, use the same formation (and the same team) for years now. well, it works.

basically its like this

sweeper keeper (defend)

fb (support) - cb (defend) - cb (defend) - fb (support

dm (defend)

adv.playmaker (support) - box-to-box (support) with position swap

trequartista (attack)

compl.forward (attack) - adv.forward (attack)

1st season - champion
2nd season - champion, facup winner
3rd season - champion, championsleague winner

in all three season i had the best goaldifference, scoring most goals, conceding fewest (expect for season 1).

highlight game was against real madrid in 2010/2011, losing 4-1 in madrid, winning 5-1 at home. lost in the finale against manu though :$

never tried this tactic (or the edited training groups) with other, perhaps lower teams. i love Arsenal. next goal is to go unbeaten over 50 games :D

feel free to share and express thoughts/experiences !
Ive seen this tactic before and i think its this tactic i saw in this site
http://forum.manutd.nl/showthread.php?t=28429
ive also seen it in other sites

@ jurgen / LGFIRE;
i wasnt aware of an identical (?) tactic in the netherland <)
but not really surprised either, i mean the formation itself is not very unusual.

anyway

@ Flohrinho i appreciate that ! i think it is a tactic suitable for managers ((H)) who like
to play with 2 strikers and a compact midfield centre, in favour of wingers.

maybe, what differs from the on in dutch, is the strategic balance and the individual adjustment.
with this 4-1-2-1-2 tactic, u have a defensive triangle consisting of both cbs and in particular the dmf, supported by the fullbacks. on this solid back, the cmfs serve as a transition between defence and attack. for me the dm and om are the most important positions, probably cuz there's only one player plus they are the first to stop/start attacks.

im using this tactic with everton at the moment and im 4th after 19 games

i just started a new game with cambridge united.. still in preseason though. transferbudget = 0 is a shocker ! oO)

Last edited:
now i'm trying it on my games

hope it will works, cause now my Arsenal in 7th position.

Hi Jon the tactic is playing out very good so far i had only 2 draws and 1 loss. One thing that I would like to know is if you pick a playmaker and a target man and if you use opposition insturctions or not?

btw one more Question can you recommend any strikers that play perfectly with your strat? I have real problems bringing Berbatov and Rooney to score goals. Most of them are scored by my midfield players, Carrick, Toulalan and van der Vaart have proofen a real goal threat here while Berbatov and Rooney most of the time get away with the poorest ratings of the entire team.

Last edited:
hey Flohrinho

well, i reckon there are a few possibilities u could play with..
1. swap berba's/rooney's position
or
2. change striker role (for example a poacher instead of compl.forward)
or
3. just buy a better striker than berbatov :D

but i had a similar experience with my Arsenal team.. eventhough they scored many goals, it was more of a share thing amongst the squad.. i think my trequartista (arshavin) was the club topscorer..

yea klink, it worked good enough for me..

in most cases, if one guy doesnt score a goal, another guy does. as mentioned before, with this tactic it seems like goals are more shared amongst the squad.

cambridge is now a championship 2 side XD

first season, finished 4th with 3point advantage to place 6 (no-playoff place).
won the final 0-3, but the semis against histon (local rival) were more 'exciting'. 1-1 at home, penalty win over there. i got 10 players or so on a free transfer, loaned out 2 players from championship sides and a parent club with chelski (i did it for the money <)). i'm trying to structure the club; released as much players as i got in, sacked staff and got new in etc.
changed individidual tactics, both strikers are poachers, both cm players are box-to-box.

I'll try it with Juve..
Ok 1st game away against Genoa.. won by 0 - 1... Some weird thing.. i have 20 long shot att of 23 shoot att.. this is weird ..

Last edited:
here are cesc stats.. never below 7
arshavin (trequartista) on the other hand never had an average rating below 7.3 !

ps. havent played fm10 for ages, it feels.. :'(
holidays though ^^)

I'll try it with Juve..
Ok 1st game away against Genoa.. won by 0 - 1... Some weird thing.. i have 20 long shot att of 23 shoot att.. this is weird ..

Using the touchline shout, work ball into box if you see this happening during the game.

just started as Arsenal.
only in pre-season atm and the tactic seems to be doing ok atm
Games so far...
Beat Boreham Wood 8-0
Beat Barnet 7-0
Beat Fatina And Chaves 5-0 (Wilshere scored 4 v Chaves :P)
And just beat Academic 4-0

2n7f3wy.jpg

Back