Torres backs Man Utd for league

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 400

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool striker Fernando Torres believes that Manchester United are favourites to win the Premier League title after their 3-0 win over Chelsea.

More...

Not really, he's trying to put pressure on United.

United are 3rd right now, and winning the games in hand will put them top, but if Torres can add a little bit more pressure by suggesting United are the favourites now, then I think he'll take every chance he can to do that.

or fed up not winning anything and is hoping if he is nice to united alex will buy him cos he wants to win trophys lol

or fed up not winning anything and is hoping if he is nice to united alex will buy him cos he wants to win trophys lol

I wish!

We had our chance to sign Torres and chose to pursue other targets anyway, so I'm not too downheartened.

It's a shame Torres will never play for United now, though.

i also wish we signed him, cant understand y fergie didnt

He tried!

At first Torres didn't want to leave because he wanted to stay and develop his talent at Atleti,
then on another occasion Atleti wanted too much money.

From what I read, Fergie and Man Utd just got sick of the constant go-between and lost interest in him.

Fair enough, really. I'm still convinced Liverpool only got him because Rafa's a Spaniard!

Yeah, just like Robbie Keane was a "boyhood Liverpool fan" etc etc.
All playing the media, dude.

Nah, it's all true.

torres.jpg

Nah, it's all true.

torres.jpg

Have Liverpool FC patented that phrase? :S

I mean it's a bit ambiguous, he stayed with Atleti for so long because they're his team. He was there for 12 years, after all.

When he signed for Liverpool, he said this:

'There comes a moment in your sporting life when you have to look for new challenges and this was it,' the 23-year-old striker said.

'The decision was mine. We received the offer and I asked the club to listen to it. It was difficult to leave, but I couldn't reject the Liverpool offer... It was a unique opportunity.

'Every sportsman wants to win things and Liverpool are a club that aspire to winning everything. That was an important factor in my decision.

'They have become a major force again in Europe in recent years and I want to add something new to the club. They were the team I wanted to play for.'

Why didn't he say then and there that Liverpool were his favourite team?

He has kind of said that before, but who cares? Maybe the phrase YNWA just meant alot to him. He had his chance to sign for United and he turned it down. His loss really, not ours. It would have been good to get him but he's the one who has lost out not us.

Although he's probably come out with this statement just to pressure us, he'll find out at the end of the season that he was actually right.

Back