Torres double sinks poor Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Two stunning goals from Fernando Torres help Liverpool beat Premier League leaders Chelsea 2-0 at Anfield.

More...

Who say's Manchester United are out of the title race. :)

I'm just pleased you didn't win by more. Another goal and you'd be above Tottenham now.

We need to buck our ideas up. Our domestic form has been horrific so far, especially with City improving.

Best day of the year contender for me :) <3

Loved itt.... Think its fair to say were back

"On a frosty night in November,
Chelsea did lack a Defender,
Terry was Sad, Alex was Bad,
Torres was Mad, Two goals he Had,
Surely a night to remember..."

"On a frosty night in November,
Chelsea did lack a Defender,
Terry was Sad, Alex was Bad,
Torres was Mad, Two goals he Had,
Surely a night to remember..."

That is really good.

Poor day for The Blues :( but if Im going to take anything away from this at least we know
Torres is back to his best, Maybe Roman will get the cheque book out come January :) I wish

It amazes me how a team who were so atrocious against Everton, can play so well against the best team in England.

Just waiting for the Hodgson's a tactial genius now.

He isn't.

However he has adjusted his tactics massively since he took over. We knocked the ball about today, at the start of the season we would have been smashing it forward towards Torres. He went for the two lines of 4 today, and it made us solid defensively, hence the clean sheet. We closed Chelsea down, and gave them no time to pass the ball about. A lot of movement as-well which is what we have missed from Torres. I'd still rather see other people as manager of Liverpool than Woy, but he has done himself a massive favour today.

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

Who said Liverpool are :O?

You're getting massively carried away pal.

Torres' second goal was pure magic! His first goal was also a cracker, nice first touch and good strength to keep Terry away and a nice finish.

His first goal reminded me of a goal he scored last season, can't remember who it was against tho.

Torres' second goal was pure magic! His first goal was also a cracker, nice first touch and good strength to keep Terry away and a nice finish.

His first goal reminded me of a goal he scored last season, can't remember who it was against tho.

His 2nd one reminded me of one he scored against Sunderland last season although that one was slightly further out and the ball was under his feet. The Torres of old eh.. :wub:

****... i would rather seen chelsea on top, then l'pool win....
glory united...
sry :DD

Back