Torres keen to stay put - Benitez

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 594

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez insists that striker Fernando Torres is keen to stay at Liverpool after Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini reveals his admiration for the player.

More...

he deserves to be playing champions league football every season poor lad.

He's still has 3 year's left on his contract. He's already said "I'm happy at Liverpool". I'm pretty sure he will want to finish his 3 year contract.

He won't be going anywhere in the next 2-3 year's.

I would love it if he left, but you have to give the guy credit. Such a class player, so loyal, I only wish he did not play for such a rubbish side. The only teams he could join are teams he would never play for, so he will probably stay with the kopites.

But if during the World cup a few Barca players tap him up, who would not be tempted to join Barca? The football, the City, the players, the trophies, the stadium. Compare that with whats on offer at Liverpool and I could see him joining Barca for some cash and a few players from their exceptional pool of never ending talent. Similar to Ibrahimovic last year. Yes he supports Liverpool and loves them etc but he left Ath Madrid so who knows?

I hope he goes but it would be massive loss to the premiership and a fatal blow to the once mighty, LFC.

I would love it if he left, but you have to give the guy credit. Such a class player, so loyal, I only wish he did not play for such a rubbish side. The only teams he could join are teams he would never play for, so he will probably stay with the kopites.

But if during the World cup a few Barca players tap him up, who would not be tempted to join Barca? The football, the City, the players, the trophies, the stadium. Compare that with whats on offer at Liverpool and I could see him joining Barca for some cash and a few players from their exceptional pool of never ending talent. Similar to Ibrahimovic last year. Yes he supports Liverpool and loves them etc but he left Ath Madrid so who knows?

I hope he goes but it would be massive loss to the premiership and a fatal blow to the once mighty, LFC.

Liverpool Rubbish Side.?

Um.. We have had 1 bad season, I don't see how that makes us a 'Rubbish Side' We are one of the biggest and best team's in the world, and maybe the biggest in England. oO)

Gawd, tbh, i'm not overly-worried about talk like Mancini's,Torres has said time & time again he wants to stay, he loves the city, the club and WANTS to win trophies with Liverpool. He is the best striker in the premier league, and would win the top-scorer every year if he was fit more. He has got something stupid like 22 goals this year in a failing liverpool team and hardly been fit for the games he has played.
Rumours about him going to R.Madrid are the biggest balls, he loves Atletico and hates Real, he wouldn't do that to the fans that adore him in Madrid.

he deserves to be playing champions league football every season poor lad.
It's his first year he won't be in Champions league football, and wasn't doing it for Atletico,so i don't think it overly-bothers him too much tbh.
Liverpool Rubbish Side.?

Um.. We have had 1 bad season, I don't see how that makes us a 'Rubbish Side' We are one of the biggest and best team's in the world, and maybe the biggest in England. oO)

Liverpool Rubbish Side.?

Bar your 2005 Champs league fella, yous have had about 20 bad seasons. You may be one of the biggest in terms of history and support base but you are by no way one of the best. Deary me your not even the 6th best in England according to the league table. Away defeats to the likes of At Madrid, Benfica, Lille was it? I cant remember who else in the champs league but this year Liverpool have been extremely poor, no where near the top teams in Europe.. Some of your football this year has been attrocious, It was like watching Bolton but without the excitement they occasionally provide..

But of course beat the top team in England, the chelski rent boys and co and Ill call you the best team ever, at least until United lift the title in May. Come on you Kopites!

Liverpool Rubbish Side.?

liverpool are not the biggest in England and have not been in over 20 years

Back