Torres

Reaction score
I signed torres for 60m plus player. So far he's played 7 scored 1! Also he's done nothing but moan about my team talks. I think he's screwed up the whole dynamic of my team and I don't know what to do.

Any ideas?

A tactic won't help this. I doubt the person who made this thread has the worst tactics on earth, if he was able to get Fernando Torres to sign for him... oO)

Anyway.. Make sure you have him as Poacher or Complete Foward. Make sure your playmakers are set aswell. He can't do much without a good ball too run onto.
Also, go into your tactics screen. Click his name in your team formation. Click 'Advanced' on the bar. And adjust almost every setting to suit him. I do this with Villa, he scores plently and does what he is told..

I doubt this is a lack of form, 1 in 7 is bad. Dzeko on my game is 0 in 4. For both of these guys, this is ****. Anyway.. Try what i said.. Maybe change your team talks.. Or keep praising him, even though he is playing badly.. It will have an effect.

It totally depends what type of team you are playing, Torres is one of the best players in the game so if he's not scoring its either hes having a real unlucky spell, or you not playing him correctly, he is the type of player that in my opinion in this game needs to play off a big guy someone to win the headers and he gets on the knock downs, if you play an arsenal style footy then again there shouldnt be much problems but if you are using him as the main man up front phsyically in the team then thats probably the reason why he is doing so badly, he is as another person has stated a poacher, he can do the complete striker role as can rooney, ibrahimavic and drogba but the latter 2 can as we all know play uptop on their own muscle out the defence and score goals where as although torres stats are good phsyically; i just dont feel he is that great at winning the phsyical fight up front as well as getting the goals, so id be more inclined to play him as a poacher than a complete forward, but the most important thing is that you dont panic, dont change your tactics every game to try and accomodate him set a tactic and give him 5-6 games to play and see how he does if its not working try again but if your not playing him next to someone who is a 189+ height with heading, jumping, determination and bravery of 16+ and workrate and teamwork values above 15 then go out and get someone you will then see a change in his performances. This is only my opinion though others will differ and im not saying this is the only way to get the best out of him; after all he is a world class player on the game.

Last edited:
Put torres as a poacher, and either play him with a complete forward(support), Advanced/Deep lying forward-support, OR put him infront of an attacking midfielder who is either a playmaker or a trequartisa

I have set all his tactics to suit, I do this with all my players and I have fabregas as a playmaker. Looking at some of the above advice I think I've been going wrong with interaction. I tend to. Be firm and harsh and for a new player that may not work. Plus he,s come at a period where we're not playing too well and I'm hammering the team. ( I say not doing too well but we are 2nd in the league and in all the cups with 7 to play).

Do you think he just might not play well with rvp? I be screwed if they are incompatable cause torres cost 60 and rvp puts away 35+ a season!

Even if Shola ameobi partners with torres you will still see goals from him, your tactics must be wrong, or you are not giving him enough time to gel or he is just **** unlucky.

I signed torres for 60m plus player. So far he's played 7 scored 1! Also he's done nothing but moan about my team talks. I think he's screwed up the whole dynamic of my team and I don't know what to do.

Any ideas?

Right, give Torres a chance, tell him that he is performing below-par and also say, in the team talk next game, 'no pressure'.

Thats the first time i've heard such bad stats for Torres.
He once had a bad patch on my Liverpool save so i told him there was no pressure and in that game he scored a hat-trick

A tactic won't help this. I doubt the person who made this thread has the worst tactics on earth, if he was able to get Fernando Torres to sign for him... oO)

Anyway.. Make sure you have him as Poacher or Complete Foward. Make sure your playmakers are set aswell. He can't do much without a good ball too run onto.
Also, go into your tactics screen. Click his name in your team formation. Click 'Advanced' on the bar. And adjust almost every setting to suit him. I do this with Villa, he scores plently and does what he is told..

I doubt this is a lack of form, 1 in 7 is bad. Dzeko on my game is 0 in 4. For both of these guys, this is ****. Anyway.. Try what i said.. Maybe change your team talks.. Or keep praising him, even though he is playing badly.. It will have an effect.

His tactics cant be that great if he cant get TORRES to score. All he needs is some player instruction advice and thats basically what the tactics help thread is there for and its stops countless, pointless, repetitive threads being made.

His tactics cant be that great if he cant get TORRES to score. All he needs is some player instruction advice and thats basically what the tactics help thread is there for and its stops countless, pointless, repetitive threads being made.

....Tu'Shay! ^^)

I officially lost, yet another arguement on this website. ;D. woooooooooooooo. go Foury, it's ya birt'day. :$

my tactics happen to be fine thanks, I think it's down to the way I've handled him.

And as for the pompus 'pointless thread' remark, what is a forum without threads? If I had of put it in that generic thread I wouldn't have got half the replies. If you think a thread is pointless, then don't reply. Simple a?

It's dullards like you that probably put some people off coming onthese forums.

I didnt say your specific thread did i? Im just backing up my post. These threads are there for a reason not just for show.

What the **** is a dullard? You need to get your get out of your *** and into the 21st century with your so called insults.

I would call it an argument just a heated discussion:P

either way. i got spanked like a ***** covered in baby oil.
so... nice one. :$

i swear i had a previous arguement with you? mustah' beat yo' *** so hard, i forgot it was even you. ^^)

Back