Total randomization

• Thread starter Thread starter Juumanji
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1K

Juumanji

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm looking for a way to make it that, everytime I initiate a new game, to have every single possible thing randomized. Player stats, positions, managers etc etc etc EVERY single possibility.... or close to that.

I love this game but hate the fact that everything is always the same everytime I start a new game. I tried playing with "Use Real Players" disabled but was disappointed to find out that all that did was replace their faces and names.... their stats, positions, history and all that remained the same.

Am I asking for too much? Possibly, but I believe there is something out there that would suit me, but I don't know where or how to start looking.

Thanks in advance for any bit of information ;)

You could always just start a new game and simulate like 50 years forward. All the players would be totally different, but the rich clubs from the beginning would probably still be fairly decent.

I think it would be cool if they added this option in FM 14, to make it 100% random even down to which leagues were the best

they have worked 20 years to develop the most realistic 3d simulator, dont think they would turn around now and making it unrealistic

they have worked 20 years to develop the most realistic 3d simulator, dont think they would turn around now and making it unrealistic
I'd rather they work on downloadable "historic" databases where you could play 1970's NASL or even the "April Fool's Day" 19th-century Football Manager. (It will never happen, but it'd be fun to try.)

Real players detract from FM's realism. 'Potential ability' stats by their nature are almost never accurate - a player who consistently turns out to be brilliant in this year's FM will continue to plod along in real life and then have their stats dialed down for the next FM. Or a flavour-of-the-month like Mario Balotelli will be rubbish in this year's FM but have his stats massively boosted in the next. It would be far more realistic with a completely randomised database.

Real players detract from FM's realism. 'Potential ability' stats by their nature are almost never accurate - a player who consistently turns out to be brilliant in this year's FM will continue to plod along in real life and then have their stats dialed down for the next FM. Or a flavour-of-the-month like Mario Balotelli will be rubbish in this year's FM but have his stats massively boosted in the next. It would be far more realistic with a completely randomised database.
"Real Player's detract from FM's realism" no offense but that's a hilarious statement.

Er, how have you come to that logic? Ratings will always be slightly behind real life precisely because researchers don't do flavour of the month. A reasearchers work is looked at and compared to other researchers and also looked at by the head reseachers. It takes a lot of time to collate this records, as such they cannot keep with real life as they have set deadlines.

Real players detract from the realism of modelling current footballers? Eh?

FM has a surprisingly excellent record with current and potential ability. There is a reason why the master database (far more in depth than the one we use in game) is highly sought after, and used in the professional game. Everton are not the only club to use it. Of course it cannot always be correct. They would be the greatest football scouts in the world if they were always correct.

By the way Balotelli isn't flavour of the month either... Even at City he was very good for Italy (which was reflected), and he had a very good season before his poor season with City (which was reflected). And has performed very consistently with Milan and Italy again (which will be reflected).

Last edited:
Balotelli was ace in the last couple of editions, very poor (relative to his real life ability and value) in this one because he had a bad season at Man City, and will in all probability be ace in the next edition. He's been great for Milan, but he's only been there six months. And if within the next few years Burnley's Charlie Austin becomes a consistent 30+-goal-a-season Premier League striker I'll happily eat my hat.

I have Charlie Austin in my team at the moment, winner of three consecutive Golden Shoes, so I'm slightly conflicted. But it really is a bit silly, and he'll almost certainly be nerfed in the next update (as they say in World of Warcraft). It's not remotely realistic.

*edit* And in case it isn't clear, I'm only using those players as examples. Every edition of FM has certain players designated with massive potential ability, who one or two years later turn out to be not as good as people hoped and consequently get nerfed, while new 19- or 20-year-old players get given potential ability hikes. Take the likes of Nick Powell - a player will get a massive increase in PA simply because last edition he played for Crewe and this edition he plays for Man U. I'm not saying that SI could do a better job, because that's not humanly possible. I'm just saying that it's not realistic, and suspension of disbelief becomes much easier with a team full of regens.

Last edited:
Balotelli was ace in the last couple of editions, very poor (relative to his real life ability and value) in this one because he had a bad season at Man City, and will in all probability be ace in the next edition. He's been great for Milan, but he's only been there six months. And if within the next few years Burnley's Charlie Austin becomes a consistent 30+-goal-a-season Premier League striker I'll happily eat my hat.

I have Charlie Austin in my team at the moment, winner of three consecutive Golden Shoes, so I'm slightly conflicted. But it really is a bit silly, and he'll almost certainly be nerfed in the next update (as they say in World of Warcraft). It's not remotely realistic.

*edit* And in case it isn't clear, I'm only using those players as examples. Every edition of FM has certain players designated with massive potential ability, who one or two years later turn out to be not as good as people hoped and consequently get nerfed, while new 19- or 20-year-old players get given potential ability hikes. Take the likes of Nick Powell - a player will get a massive increase in PA simply because last edition he played for Crewe and this edition he plays for Man U. I'm not saying that SI could do a better job, because that's not humanly possible. I'm just saying that it's not realistic, and suspension of disbelief becomes much easier with a team full of regens.

Again, Balotelli wont be "ace" he will be improved because his consistent season actually calls for it.
You would be wrong about Nick Powell, he's had a high minus while at Crewe. If you think that is how research works, you've got it pretty wrong. The whole reason Powell was bought by United is because he is seen by most as a future star, that was earmarked by Crewe 3 seasons ago. Powell's rating wont have been done by the United researcher when he joined United, it would have been done by the Crewe researcher based on the season he's had before.

Of course every season has it, not every player meets their potential, they can't see the future. Not can they see an average player who suddenly turns it up. That doesn't mean its not realistic, not at all. Suspension of belief isnt the same as realism.

Last edited:
Back