Tottenham 2-1 Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 892

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham secure their second derby win in four days to stun Chelsea and blow the title race wide open again.

More...

Brilliant spurs up the blues they still got Liverpool away I reckon we have a massive chance now.

This really is Man United's day.

But we still have to face Spurs next week so that result could put us out of the title race while Chelsea are comfortable favourites to beat Stoke.

im not a happy man obviously so first of all i will say spurs deserved to win the game. were shall i start, not only did we not turn up we didnt get the rub of the green today but some may say its deserved beacause we were fortunate on tuesday. we should have started ivanovic like i said he wouldnt have let bale beat him time and time again. ballack should also have started the midfield was always going to be a war zone today and deco is to fragile to get stuck in. cech was outstanding today and i belive alex carried the defence today i would even go as far as to saying on this performance maybe terry shouldnt started today we would have been better off with alex and carvalho but as we know terry would never be dropped. obviously tittle still in our hands but so so so much harder now as we will proberly need a win at anfield. CUMON CHELSEA FOR **** SAKE NO MORE SLIP UPS.

But we still have to face Spurs next week so that result could put us out of the title race while Chelsea are comfortable favourites to beat Stoke.

If Arsenal's gonna win against Wigan, they will be back in Title Race. Remember how they said the Title is done for them.
Now we made United a favour, but we might break their hopes by snatching a draw or maybe a win on Trafford. I would be pleased with a draw, if Man City will also draw with Villa, cuz they still have Arsenal to play. :D

Well I think Tottenham have secured 4th now.. We should worry more about dropping into 7th :(

I really, really want Arsenal to tear City to bits.

If we don't get 4th after this week, I'll be gutted.

It's like nobody wants to win the title this season!

Chelsea are going to have to drop points against Stoke or Wigan because Liverpool aint going to do us any favours. No doubt a reserve side will be played for the game against Chelsea!

Great result for Spurs, shown they are worthy of a top 4 finish after there last two games. Hopefully there form ends and United coast past them next week :) On Chelsea, watched the game on Match of the Day, and it seems when things don't go Chelsea's way they don't seem to have that fighting spirit.

Great result for Spurs, shown they are worthy of a top 4 finish after there last two games. Hopefully there form ends and United coast past them next week :) On Chelsea, watched the game on Match of the Day, and it seems when things don't go Chelsea's way they don't seem to have that fighting spirit.

To be honest City have beaten us twice and Arsenal once so you can't really say Spurs are worthy after these two games. Although I'd much rather them finish 4th than City. I agree about how we lack a fighting spirit at times. We always lose our heads if we go 2 or more down and end up just getting people sent off, conceding more etc (especially in the UCL).

Hopefully L'pool can let us win against them so you don't win the title :P

I have to agree with you JDY, just because we have spent money does not mean we are not worthy, sorry if im wrong, but spurs have spent **** loads of money, on players they dont even need, eg pavlychenko, Bassong, i think we deserve it because our manager isnt a corrupt ****

To be honest City have beaten us twice and Arsenal once so you can't really say Spurs are worthy after these two games. Although I'd much rather them finish 4th than City. I agree about how we lack a fighting spirit at times. We always lose our heads if we go 2 or more down and end up just getting people sent off, conceding more etc (especially in the UCL).

Hopefully L'pool can let us win against them so you don't win the title :P

Yes I suppose, but what I was trying to say was before Spurs had not really proved themselves as being a top 4 side, but after there last two games they have proven they can beat the big teams and control the game.

I think the run in will be close, obviously Liverpool have what it takes to beat you but I think it all depends on how Chelsea react after today. If they bounce back well they will win the title. If Chelsea win the title I loose around £300 pounds so they better not win. (6)

Back