mwhitehorn07

Reaction score
Im a looking to upgrade my CBs. At the moment, I have Smalling, King, Dawson, Gallas, and Caulker. Both Dawson and Gallas' contracts are up in June. They are used in that order as well, Smalling and King being my usual pairing when King isn't tired or hurt.

Caulker and Smalling are both set to be "better than Ledley King" who is my "best" CB at 3 stars, everyone else is 2 1/2. I need a general CB for about 2 to 3 years until Caulker and Smalling are as good as they are going to get.

I have about $25 million US to spend on this single CB.

Also, I plan on letting Dawson and Gallas go in the summer and picking up a player to serve as my 3rd CB, preferably under 24, again a general CB. Will have same amount of money to spend.

Anyone had success with Howedes in the PL? How does he adapt, I need the January buy to be capable of starting immediately and playing well in a title race.

Robert Huth is always my first choice buy for CB. Always reliable at the back and from set pieces, and a great leader as well.

Hm... I had a short stint managing Spurs and Kaboul + Bassong were pretty good, shame you sold them.

Try Douglas from Twente, if he hasn't moved.

I've played Spurs until 2016 and my CB pairing consisted of Nicolas Otamendi and Mamadou Sakho, with Kyriakos Papadopoulos providing backup/starting place competition. Give those three a shout. If they signed for me they'd surely sign for you. Three of the best CBs I've ever had in any save.

Davide Astori, Hummels, Stefan Reinartz, Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld, Rafael Toloi, Dede, Mario Fernandes, Chris Samba, Ryan Shawcross, Gary Cahill, Kader Mangane, Yanga Mbiwa, Isimit Mairin (sp) Bruno Alves...

Where is Kyle Bartley on yours? If he's somewhere rather than Arsenal i suggest get him, cracking player with bags of energy.

English;
Ryan Shawcross (Stoke)
Gary Cahill (Bolton, over 24...)
Phil Jagielka (Everton, over 24 also...)
Non-English;
Mats Hummels (Dortmund)
Chris Samba (Blackburn, gained EU, over 24...)
Mamadhou Sakho (PSG)
Hope these help ;)

thanks all. Seems to be a consensus that Sakho, Hummels, Otamendi, and Howedes are 4 of the best. Of those 4, i could get Sakho for $30 mil (US), Howedes for 39, Otamendi for 42, and Hummels for 44. I went with Sakho for the january transfer and I will grab Howeds in the summer, leaving me with

Smalling, Sakho, Howedes, Caulker. Thanks dudes.