Tottenham 3-1 Inter: Inter fail to deal with Bale

agree about the whole "form is temporary, class is permanent thing". If Bale is still performing like this by the end of the season and into next, we will have to concede that he is up there with the best. If he falls away slightly in the coming months, he will have just gone through a purple patch, as has happened to many players over the years

Also agree about Rafa's tactics. Zanetti and Pandev would have been fine defensive wingers to help Maicon. The decesion not to deploy them there was strange. Maybe Rafa just thought Maicon was up to the task on his own...

Bale was a beast tonight, no doubt about it. Although Maicon was terribly poor and Rafa's tactics were dreadful. Rafael handled him just fine at the weekend. It's all about positioning against Bale since few can match the pure speed and pace he has on the ball.

Well deserved Tottenham win. +1 for them to currently topping their group.

Bale, Modric, VdV = Class.. Maicon was raped repeatedly!

We should have scored 4.
Immense night on WHL, absolutely delighted with the win, too bad we lost last week against Man Utd, pretty obviously we don't have luck against them.

I think it was Inter's shocking tactics that gave Tottenham the win rather than Bale's Brilliance, still I am taking nothing away from the lad, if u can rape Maicon throughout a game u must be special

first of all I'm an inter fan and i'm going to defend them because in the game inter have missed 4 midfielders+muntari that resulted to ''debut of a player ''-->first game in football(Nwanko) Couthino and Biabiany played only 3 games before in Europe + Julio Ceser. I think that the absents of injuries resulted that game.

TBH i think bale is on top of his form atm and good luck to the young man

first of all I'm an inter fan and i'm going to defend them because in the game inter have missed 4 midfielders+muntari that resulted to ''debut of a player ''-->first game in football(Nwanko) Couthino and Biabiany played only 3 games before in Europe + Julio Ceser. I think that the absents of injuries resulted that game.

If you think about it most of tottenhms squad havent played that much in the CL

Bale is a beast!

I think there will be a big bid for him in January, I'd suspect it to be from Real or Barcelona.

No doubt there will be abid, bt Bale would be stupid to leave, it took him about 3 years to setle down at spurs. I can't see him moving abroad.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Most of our players ar making there champions league debuts this season so that's nt really an excuse, we were also missing or goalie as long as our firs choice defenders, King and Dawson, and Defoe And vdv for second half.

No doubt there will be abid, bt Bale would be stupid to leave, it took him about 3 years to setle down at spurs. I can't see him moving abroad..

Pep Guardiola has told his chairmen that he wants to sign Gareth Bale; according to Guillem Ballague (sp?)

Slightly off topic: but considering the whole topic of "form is temporary, class is permanent" well, is Rooney class, in my eyes he's not (not just cos he's a manc and an ex evertonian) but because he's only had one good goalscoring season (where everyone jumped on the rooney bandwagon) and doesn't look likely to repeat it anytime soon...

I still get the feeling that if Bale was to leave then Real Madrid would be in there as I still think them letting us have VDV cheap is just a sweetner for Bale to go there.

Slightly off topic: but considering the whole topic of "form is temporary, class is permanent" well, is Rooney class, in my eyes he's not (not just cos he's a manc and an ex evertonian) but because he's only had one good goalscoring season (where everyone jumped on the rooney bandwagon) and doesn't look likely to repeat it anytime soon...

Rooney is a prime example of a class footballer with an absolute terrible form. First came the ankle injury in Munich, then the World Cup disaster, then the personal life allegations, then the contract fiasco, then another ankle injury.

In all honesty, it'll take him more than just this season to get back to HALF the player he was last season. In my opinion, he won't ever replicate the 2009-10 season he had for United in his entire career. Especially when the team learned last season it can cope without Ronaldo and can still produce results without Rooney this season so far.

Rooney is a prime example of a class footballer with an absolute terrible form. First came the ankle injury in Munich, then the World Cup disaster, then the personal life allegations, then the contract fiasco, then another ankle injury.

In all honesty, it'll take him more than just this season to get back to HALF the player he was last season. In my opinion, he won't ever replicate the 2009-10 season he had for United in his entire career. Especially when the team learned last season it can cope without Ronaldo and can still produce results without Rooney this season so far.

but what makes him class or what makes you regard him as a world class player?

for me, a world class player is someone who consistently performs at the highest level, someone like Messi, Ronaldo, Villa even Torres to a certain extent, they all perform at the highest level, each season. ****, Torres was injured half of last season and still gets 20+ goals in a struggling Liverpool team.

For me, Rooney doesn't perform consistently enough to be classed as a world class player, just my opinion though...

Inter director and Portugeese legend Luis Figo has described Gareth Bale's performance as amazing. If you could ever get a bigger compliment.

After watching this game, I started playing Bale in an attacking role.

hahahah :D, yea mate :D... xD for sure :D maybe one day, maybe :D

Bale wasn't running past Maicon he was still running away from Phil Neville