Tottenham complete Crouch signing

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 491

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham complete the signing of Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch for an undisclosed fee.

More...

they where asking 10m for him i think, not a bad player i guess

Yet another striker for Spurs. I guess this means Hunterlaar isnt going to Spurs which is good for me as a West Ham fan. They clearly need some defenders

i must say 10m for crouch...awful.

Grr i hate people like you who write off Crouch...he scored 18 goals last season for a Portsmouth team that struggled terribly for most of the year and that had Defoe untill January.

Crouch is a great player who gets alot of stick just because of his height.

Although they now have 5 strikers...4 soon since Bent ran off there plane to China just before take off.

I thought he would be focused on signing a defender since his only 3 centre halfs are injured

Portsmouth wanted 12m for him, Spurs wanted to pay 10m, so I reckon it's probably around 11m, but Portsmouth still owed Spurs money from the Kaboul transfer, whether that was payed off from the Defoe deal I'm not sure, hopefully we can get this Kalinic kid we are apparently in talks with, and then Steve Finnan as we desperately need a RB otherwise we'll be playing Linvoy Primus.... =.=

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

I'm not really bothered Crouch has gone, he is a good player and I agree with Kris, but he slags us off in the paper and then acts as if it's all normal, as long as we get 2 more ST's, a RB, 2 CM's THAT ARE BETTER THAN HAYDEN MULLINS (WORST BUY OF THE SEASON) and a RW we'll be fine
just gotta do it in before 15th august...

im gonna call it now, Portsmouth Stoke an Burnley for the drop.

Crouch is a top striker an a great buy just hope this doesnt mean another Defoe departure as he's not gonna be happy playing off the bench

Crouch is an excellent striker.. I think it was £13M.. But I heard Bent is off to Sunderland? Considering almost everyone has rejected them apart from Frazier Campbell. LOL!

Grr i hate people like you who write off Crouch...he scored 18 goals last season for a Portsmouth team that struggled terribly for most of the year and that had Defoe untill January.

Crouch is a great player who gets alot of stick just because of his height.

Although they now have 5 strikers...4 soon since Bent ran off there plane to China just before take off.

I thought he would be focused on signing a defender since his only 3 centre halfs are injured

shup kris crouch is not worth the fee, plus you love me

Crouch-Defoe?
Nice!
Lennon and Modric will help them with crosses and everything will be allright.
Why not to buy Huntelaar? However, I think this year Tottenham will have a better attack than the last season with Keane doing ****.

I hope we will sign 1 CD and 1 CM and we will attack top four.

I reckon in today's market 10m was a decent price

Back