Dan Stone

Reaction score
I am playing with Tottenham in a narrow 4-3-3 formation. I am only in November of my first season however I am really struggling with goals...

I never have any trouble getting in front of goal, as I get (most of the time) the majority of the possession and I always manage to get 12+ shots away however less than 20% make it on target - even less hitting the back of the net!!

My preferred front line is as follows (I tend to use 2 Poachers alongside a Trequartista, all roles set to Attack - see diagram), using the following players...

PoacherAttack TrequartistaAttack PoacherAttack

Pref. Lineup
Adebayor J. Ayew Pavluychenko​

Adebayor (also tried Def. Forward and Target man - did not work as well as Poacher weirdly)
Jordan Ayew (bought from Marseille - Attacking Treq)
Pavlyuchenko (mainly played as a Poacher)
Defoe (again, mainly paid as a Wide Poacher)
Vaclav Kadlec (Central Trequartista role / Wider Poaching role)
Ahmed Soukhouna (Wide Poacher role)

I was just wondering if anyone knew better line-ups than the one I am currently using?? Anything would help, but preferably something would still continue my High and Narrow mentality. Do you guys think that I am utilising the correct roles for the differing attributes for the different players? Any help would much appreciated!!

Try playing a wide 4231 with an AF:

AML: Bale
AMC: VDV/Ayew/Modric
AMR: Lennon
AF: Adebayor

I am lead to believe that the problem you are having is caused by having signed too many strikers all of who are trying to do the same thing instead of working as a team. The amount of shots is probably also down to the strikers choosing to shoot whenever they get the chance because you have given most of them the role of a poacher. For the 433 to be effective you need a striker who gets chances created for him by 2 wingers.