Tottenham Hotspur FC

Reaction score
As always on the new FM game I will learn my trade with Spurs and just thought I would share this strangely large squad with you!! Also any suggestions are welcome.

I started my first game by keeping a large percentage of the current spurs squad, which is unusual for me on FM as I usually have a mass clear out at Spurs and start again (as most new managers do there!), but i kept the bulk of the squad and seemed to be failing after 20 games a very average mid table. So I started again, this time almost everyones up for sale, mass clear outs!! Modric - Man U / £15m for a start, Essou-Ekouto / £6m OM etc and bought some good quality youth in and one or two stars, with a view to getting rid of some deadwood. Well the offers havent flooded in for the 'dead wood' and im left with a massive squad, but very strangly its going really well!!!!

2nd place, 2 points behind Chelsea, 6 straight wins, never the same starting XI but a consistent 4-1-3-2 formation.

Squad as follows: -

Gomes
Woodgate
Naughton
Gosling *
Corluka
Dawson
King
Otamendi *
Hutton
Shorey
Bale
Huddleston
Annan *
Tinga **
Jenas
Beckham
Palacios
Lennon
dos Santos
Kranjcar
Vukcevic
Sal Cabanas
Keane
Defoe
Ronaldo
Van Nistelyroy
Pavlyuchenko
Crouch

* Stars in making
** Defo Superstar to be

So as you can see, 7 strikers!!

Suggestions on where and who to improve on are welcome.

As always on the new FM game I will learn my trade with Spurs and just thought I would share this strangely large squad with you!! Also any suggestions are welcome.

I started my first game by keeping a large percentage of the current spurs squad, which is unusual for me on FM as I usually have a mass clear out at Spurs and start again (as most new managers do there!), but i kept the bulk of the squad and seemed to be failing after 20 games a very average mid table. So I started again, this time almost everyones up for sale, mass clear outs!! Modric - Man U / £15m for a start, Essou-Ekouto / £6m OM etc and bought some good quality youth in and one or two stars, with a view to getting rid of some deadwood. Well the offers havent flooded in for the 'dead wood' and im left with a massive squad, but very strangly its going really well!!!!

2nd place, 2 points behind Chelsea, 6 straight wins, never the same starting XI but a consistent 4-1-3-2 formation.

Squad as follows: -

Gomes
Woodgate
Naughton
Gosling *
Corluka
Dawson
King
Otamendi *
Hutton
Shorey
Bale
Huddleston
Annan *
Tinga **
Jenas
Beckham
Palacios
Lennon
dos Santos
Kranjcar
Vukcevic
Sal Cabanas
Keane
Defoe
Ronaldo
Van Nistelyroy
Pavlyuchenko
Crouch

* Stars in making
** Defo Superstar to be

So as you can see, 7 strikers!!

Suggestions on where and who to improve on are welcome.
Nice just a couple of things.
1. Can you post some screenies so we can see what you payed.
2. Careful having so many good strikers especially the old ledgends like ronaldo and van nist, they might all demand 1rst team time !!

Screen pic done,

Trying to tie up a deal for Ronaldo to goto OM for £1m at the end of the season and Ruud's deal is only for this season, so they are both here just to get me in the champs league.

What you think of Keane, Defoe, Pav and Crouch???

No-one wants em!!!!

Thats it!

Seasons over, finally finished runners up to Chelsea, lost it by 2 points!

Prem - Runners Up
FA Cup - Lost in Final v Chelsea
League Cup - Winners

New Season, cleared out all the dead wood.

£20m in the bank, poss more, playing a 4-1-3-2.

Best players are: -

GK - Gomes
RB - Corluka
LB - Bale
CB - Woodgate
CB - King
DCM - Huddleston
CM - Beckham
CM - Palacios
CM - Kranjcar
FC - Keane

Where, who and why can I buy to improve the 1st team?????

Last edited:
Back