Tottenham in a realistic slump

Robbie B

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been playing FM since it was CM and Teddy Sheringham was awesome. I've always been quite good at it and been able to get lower league teams into the premiership with in sort of 5-10 years. However, like alot of people, in this one I am struggling.

I'm Spurs, I finished 14th Season 1 and won the league cup. I have invested in quite a few decent players and have tried multiple formations, but I really can't seem to do well. I've tried 442, 41212, 4321 and so on. I've tried ridiculous variations of Team instructions, and pretty much everything I can think of, but to no avail. Please can someone give me some advice.

To give you an idea of my team, here is my first team including bench:

Gomes
Davide Stanton
Gareth Bale
Ledley King
Jonathon Woodgate
Franco Zuculini
Vedran Corluka
Zdravako Kuzmanovic
Giovani dos Santos
Henri Saviet
Roman Pavlyuchenko
Aaron Lennon
Tom Huddlestone
Michael Dawson
Daniel Carrico
Didier Zokora
Toni Kroos
Federico Laurito

Modric I sold for about 30mil and bent for about 10 mil. Jenas is an overpaid lawnmower for Newcastle now and Jamie O'Hara was getting in the way.

I wish I could say my problem is attacking or defending but it's both. I don't score, and I concede 1 or 2 every game. People who have successfully managed to achieve things with low to mid table teams, what would you do?

Thanks guys.

Check out the downloads section for tactics.

Willster

in my first season i played a 3-5-2 and won the title and league cup and runners up in euro cup i had only bought capel and javi martinez but now i am suffereing sum kind os second season syndrome my team are now 7th drawing 0-0 most of time i bought defoe back he is scoring but any good forwards on the cheap.

gomes

woodgate king dawson

lennon huddlestone modric martinez capel

pavlychenko bent

I've decided that my problem is my constant switching of tactics and players positions. I suppose I've got to let it gel. However, as 3/4 of my team are unhappy, has anyone got any ideas on how to get their spirits up? (Mostly unhappy about me not letting them talk to bigger clubs)

offer them new contracts and play dem if u cant fit them in play them every other game works for me

stop changing your tactic, if you are desperate, use my tactic from the tactics section untill you start winning some games and your players mentalities will go back up as they seem to be winning. thread is called good tactics for liverpool, tactic infront of your eyes, team instrcutions, arrows, and everything u need to know, check it out it will work

Check out my spurs team. I play 442 formation with wingers and full-backs have arrows up, and center-backs having arrows down.
1st team:
Gomes
Bale
Sakho
Corluka
Srna
Modric
Defour
Moutinho
Bentley
Pavlyucenko
Kikin Fonseca

Bench:
Woodgate
Lennon
Gago
Saivet
Guardado
Camacho
dos Santos
King
Hutton
Keirrison

I'm in second season now (November) and currently I'm 1st in premiership. First season I finished 4th.

Its march in my first season with Spurs - Prem. 5th / LC - Final / FA Cup - 6th round / UEFA Cup - 2nd round KO

Home Tactics - 4-4-2
Away Tactics - 4-4-1-1

Team-

GK
Gomes/Lambo/Cesar

DC
Woodgate/Corluka/Dawson/King/Derviete

FB
Gunter/Hutton/Masilea/Bale

DMC
Mendes da Silva/Andreasen/Nekounam

AMC
Viana/Modric/Taarabt/Ghaly/Taktak/Boateng

WG
O'Hara/Bentley/Amrabat/Balotelli/Rose/Di Maria/Fleck

FWD
Dos Santos/Kerrison/Larsson/Pavlyuchenko/Bent

can ask sorry its abit of subject but how did any of u sign kerrison i`ve been trying and can`t get a work permit for him? thanks!

can ask sorry its abit of subject but how did any of u sign kerrison i`ve been trying and can`t get a work permit for him? thanks!

I think i had to appeal once, but it was granted anyway. Bent/Pavlyuchenko/Kerrison hav 11 goals each in 20 games

i could'nt get 442 to work with spurs, what team instrutions are u using ?