• Thread starter Thread starter Tai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2K

Tai

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS

TOTTENHAM HIRE REDKNAPP AS MANAGER

Daniel Levy has recruited Jamie Redknapp to replace his father who has recently been unveiled as the new England Manager.

View attachment 226509

REDKNAPP

I couldn't beilieve it, I was standing in room full of journalists with Mr Levy by my side. I'd just given a statement about how proud I was to follow in dads footsteps and how excited I was to carry on with his legacy. It still feels like a blur but when dad got the call from the F.A about the England vacancy I knew he couldn't say No! He had always chirped on over the years about how coaching England was the pinnacle of English football management and that he would one day love to do it if he was ever given the chance. I expected dad to leave this year and become our new national coach but what I didn't expect was for Tottenham to come to me and ask me to take over from him.

I won't lie It wasn't a hard decision to make, Louise and I had always spoken about me making a move into management and after a brief talk with her we agreed it was too good of an offer to refuse, so I rang Mr Levy and excitedly told him I'd like to accept his offer.

As soon as I had got off the phone with Levy my phone rang... It was dad... "CONGRATULATIONS!" he bellowed out "I think your a fine choice" he followed up with. I spoke to him for roughly 45 minutes as he filled me in on different areas of the club and gave me some great intimate advice on players and how to integrate myself to them.

I finished the call with dad and drifted off into deep thought...

I think the fans are reasonably happy with my appointment although maybe someone like Jose Mourinho would have been more appealing than an Ex-Average England player who's the son of their former manager. It sounds almost like a soap opera.

Back to today and as myself and Levy left the conference room he shook my hand and told me that the media seemed excited about my appointment as manager. I thanked him for his support before he directed me down a hallway and told me to enjoy meeting the players.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Meeting the players Jamie Redknapp asks Bale, Van Der Vaart and Modric to stay behind.

View attachment 226511View attachment 226510View attachment 226512

REDKNAPP

Guys I have kept you behind becuase I want you to know that I want to build the team around you three, I see you as the most influencial players I have at my disposal and I know you can help lead this club to glory, thankyou for your time and I will see you all soon.

MODRIC

I feel really guilty Harry's son is a very nice man and it's nice that he thinks of me as a player he can build the team around but I have already instructed my agent to look for other clubs for me. I have heard rumblings that Chelsea maybe interested in me. I now need o find the time to tell Harry's son

Last edited:
Really like the layout with the player's cutouts, I will follow as I support spurs :)

226509d1330121686-tottenham-spur-moment-2005296.png

REDKNAPP

I was still half asleep when I answered my phone which had been vibrating under my pillow. I assumed someone was calling me but was hardly aware of it as my bed side clock read 5:22am. The same vibrating continued again before I was fully aware that my phone was indeed ringing. A panic stricked voice jumped down the phone at me...

"Jamie, we have a problem"?

"W..what is it." I replied sleepily, realising it was Daniel Levy on the other end.

"It's Luka, he's put in a transfer request and is refusing to back down, I have spoken to him and he say's that he will not back down. He wants Champions League football this season and says that he has to leave to get it. I said to him to stick it out for one more season and that I'm sure the club would be in the Champions League next season but he refused"

I was shocked, it was only a couple of days ago that i'd had spoken to Luka alongside Gareth and Rafael explaining how important he was to me and he never said anything then.

"Anyone interested in him?" I asked

"Theres a few including Manchester United, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Inter, they've all expressed interest"

"If he wants to go then take the highest offer" I said totally suprised by how cold it sounded in my voice I went on to say. "I spoke to him a few days ago and he said nothing, I will not have players in the squad who's hearts are not in the right place"

"You better have something in mind Jamie, you have about £25 million in the transfer kitty plus the money from Luka if he does indeed go, I need to see an investment come into this club, someone the fans will love and someone who can offer this club something!" With that Levy put the phone down and I lay back down into bed.

"****" I blurted out!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Few Days Later...

View attachment 226780View attachment 226783
Luka Modric - £24 Million - Paris Saint Germain

The deal for Luka had just been made public and to say the fans backlash was negative was an understatement. I headed for home after a good team training session where we'd worked on set pieces, Gareth Bale is a master from dead ball positions! I was in the car driving home listening to Talksport who were taking calls from fans about Luka's exit from the club. Most were upset and unsure if I knew what I was doing. I thought to myself that maybe I was out of my depth I had let go of Tottenham's most influencial player and had no plan on who I was going to buy.

As names flew through my mind and sums added up I spent most of the journey home trying to convince myself I had done the right thing. I told myself I don't need players who will not put 100% in, but It just felt like I was kidding myself.

View attachment 226796
Aaron Lennon

Omg! Modric has gone! I know the gaffer is Harry's son but still, Luka was our engine room, he was our creativity. Redknapp is a nice guy but I hope he has a plan, it won't be long before the fans get edgey about the sale and he will need to move fast. I wonder if there will be much activity in the Transfer Market this year, I guess there will be as the club now has a wedge to spend now Luka has left. I hope no one comes in to tackle me for my position!

Today we did set piece training, I don't think I impressed much as the gaffer saw me **** up a freekick and then decided against asking me to take another one. Bale took most of the freekicks which the gaffer seemed impressed with, not a great day for me as set pieces aren't the strongest point to my game.

I think I might ask Redknapp where he see's me in the setup here atm. I don't want to be a fringe player this year, especially with the Euro's going on next year. I need to play to get into the England squad again!

Last edited:
Back