Tottenham stadium plans approved

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 618

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
The Mayor of London approves Tottenham's plans to redevelop White Hart Lane.

More...

Fantastic as this probably means we dont need to move out the area at all now.

Depends Ian, Tottenham can save a lot of money by moving to the Olympic Stadium rather than spending on an entire new one. You'd think Levy may take the cheaper option.

I think this is the better option for Spurs and their fans.

It's going to be extremely expensive, with the overall cost being the highest in England, £50 million higher than the Emirates.

It's not going to be any cheaper building it in Tottenham but there's not the same funding there. Levy's already pointed to the Stratford option being financially better and that could be a big factor in us leaving Tottenham.

Haringey seem unwilling to fund any of the costs in the new stadium yet will reap all the benefits of the transformation the club want to make to the area. The travel around Tottenham, especially on match days is extremely frustrating at times too.

I would much prefer us to remain in Tottenham, rather than becoming Stratford Hotspur (ugh), but the move to the Olympic Stadium seems to be becoming less of a bluff as the days go by.

Why would you want to come to East london. That would make you all look like mugs after years of slaughtering arsenal because they come from south london.

Why would you want to come to East london. That would make you all look like mugs after years of slaughtering arsenal because they come from south london.

I don't want the club to move to East London. I don't think the vast majority of fans do either.

Levy seems to be of the belief that a large amount of us would be open to the move, when that simply isn't the case at all.

Back