Tottenham v Everton

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 644

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's game between Tottenham and Everton in the Premier League.

More...

Super Pav strikes again.

Modric & Kranjcar were class, and Bale . . im starting to see why so many big clubs were after him.

What was the score?

Guessing by the reaction Spurs owned?

What was the score?

Guessing by the reaction Spurs owned?

Only 2-1.
Spurs owned in the first half and if you get the chance, watch Modric's goal. Absolute class.
Everton came back stong second half and Donovan missed an absolute sitter that would of made it 2-2.

Man City must be gutted after beating Chelsea 4-2 away, Spurs still fail to slip up.

Were any key players missing for Spurs? I heard a lot of them were ill.

Great result for Spurs. They are the most deserving of that 4th spot in my opinion. Everton put up a fight but Spurs never looked like losing. Bale is going to be a class player in a few years. Tottenham need to hang on to him.

Think people are hyping Bale up a bit too much at times, he is good, but this is the player that couldn't get into the team at left back past Assou Ekotto (spelling), who did improve a lot. I think Ekotto is injured at the moment aswell, which means Bale is lucky to be starting.

Although I agree, if he plays regularly he'll be class, but if not he could be a flop.

Bale has seemed to have got his head together and has been mightily impressive since he got the hoodoo of every game he started and spurs lost of his shoulders. If he was English he would definitly be in the England squad right now.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Bale also chose to come to Tottenham over Man Utd. He is now showing the form which made us sign him when he played at Southampton.

I agree, the hype surrounding Bale is well justified following his performances this season.

Think people are hyping Bale up a bit too much at times, he is good, but this is the player that couldn't get into the team at left back past Assou Ekotto (spelling), who did improve a lot. I think Ekotto is injured at the moment aswell, which means Bale is lucky to be starting.

Although I agree, if he plays regularly he'll be class, but if not he could be a flop.

Actually, Assou-Ekotto is fit at the moment, and has been playing at RB instead of Corluka to allow Bale continue in his natural position. He has been immense recently, and I honestly hope we keep hold of him when the vultures come picking.

As for the game itself, I think we deserved to win it overall, despite Everton's superb second-half performance. We completely dominated in the first-half, and the lead could have been unassailable by the end of the 45 minutes. Great goal by Modric, and another one for the man of the moment; Pavlyuchenko, who has got 5 goals in less than 3 games total, which is brilliant considering he wanted to move not too long ago.

I am happy overall, as Everton nicked 2 goals back against us earlier in the season when we were 2-0 up, and I thought the same thing would happen today, so when we eventually sealed the 3 points; I was chuffed.

Bale's awesome, stop insulting him
Insulting him? Oh dear..

Actually, Assou-Ekotto is fit at the moment, and has been playing at RB instead of Corluka to allow Bale continue in his natural position. He has been immense recently, and I honestly hope we keep hold of him when the vultures come picking.

As for the game itself, I think we deserved to win it overall, despite Everton's superb second-half performance. We completely dominated in the first-half, and the lead could have been unassailable by the end of the 45 minutes. Great goal by Modric, and another one for the man of the moment; Pavlyuchenko, who has got 5 goals in less than 3 games total, which is brilliant considering he wanted to move not too long ago.

I am happy overall, as Everton nicked 2 goals back against us earlier in the season when we were 2-0 up, and I thought the same thing would happen today, so when we eventually sealed the 3 points; I was chuffed.
Fair enough, I'll take your word for it as didn't see the line ups recently, I would of presumed Corluka would start at RB, I think he's a pretty good player, bit slow though and Harry likes fast full backs so I can see why.

Corluka did start today at RB, and he does most of the time, but Ekotto has been played at RB a couple of times since Bale has been playing, purely because Harry doesn't want to replace him (at least that's the reason I imagine).

I think Corluka is a brilliant RB when he's at his best, but he's very defensive-minded, whereas both Bale and Assou-Ekotto get forward constantly, which is a real boost to our style of play.

Corluka did start today at RB, and he does most of the time, but Ekotto has been played at RB a couple of times since Bale has been playing, purely because Harry doesn't want to replace him (at least that's the reason I imagine).

I think Corluka is a brilliant RB when he's at his best, but he's very defensive-minded, whereas both Bale and Assou-Ekotto get forward constantly, which is a real boost to our style of play.
Oh right, fair enough.

& Yeah, 'Arry has always liked attacking full backs, hence why we always played Johnson and Hreirdarsson at Pompey. No doubt he'll make Ekotto and Bale top class, the same as he did to Johnson really.

I'm just really happy that Redknapp has finally handed starts to players like Bale, Pavlyuchenko and Bentley, who have all been outstanding recently.

As he always says... "it's a nice problem to have" when you can't decide who to play.

I'm just really happy that Redknapp has finally handed starts to players like Bale, Pavlyuchenko and Bentley, who have all been outstanding recently.

As he always says... "it's a nice problem to have" when you can't decide who to play.
Yeah Pav looks to be settling into England a lot more now, and Bentley seems happier than he was, same for Bale who probably was getting ****** off with losing every time he played.

& Yeah, Redknapp likes that quote.

I am very happy with the win, we really deserve to break the top 4, also I am pleased we can re-born players like Pav, Bentley or Bale.
And yes, we missed few Key Players, but we did it.

Back