Totti left out of Italy squad...

Matty

Reaction score
http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12098_6147498,00.html

Italy coach Marcello Lippi has kept faith with the squad that helped the Azzurri secure a spot at the finals...

Italy squad: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Morgan De Sanctis (Napoli), Federico Marchetti (Cagliari), Salvatore Sirigu (Palermo); Gianluca Zambrotta, Fabio Cannavaro (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Leonardo Bonucci (Bari), Fabio Grosso (Juventus), Domenico Criscito (Genoa), Mattia Cassani (Palermo), Salvatore Bocchetti (Genoa); Andrea Pirlo (Milan), Gennaro Gattuso (Milan), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Antonio Candreva (Juventus), Andrea Cossu (Cagliari), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Simone Pepe (Udinese); Fabio Quagliarella (Napoli), Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal), Vincenzo Iaquinta (Juventus), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Marco Borriello (Milan), Alberto Gilardino (Fiorentina), Giampaolo Pazzini (Sampdoria)

couldn't see a thread on this one... if there is let me know.

thats an intimidating squad, easily capable of retaining the World Cup

An Italian squad with alot of forwards and a Brazilian squad with a lot of defensive midfielders.. going to be an interesting World Cup!

Also, no Del Piero.

Ye there seems to be a lot of big names being left out of squads this World Cup

considering the ones that have been left out, wont be able to play in another one, i think its a bit odd from the likes of Brazil and Italy oO)

i wouldn't be happy, especially the amount of effort Del Piero and Totti have given to their country

An Italian squad with alot of forwards and a Brazilian squad with a lot of defensive midfielders.. going to be an interesting World Cup!

Also, no Del Piero.
brzail play 4-2-3-1 at the mo, luis fabiano plays the out and out striker, robinho attacking from wide deep left.

considering how many forwards italy picked it'll be interesting to see how they line up

If it makes it easier for England, i dont care who they leave out lol

Theres a lot of players on that list that i have no idea who they are...

i dont have much knowledge of Serie A but still, it takes a lot for me not to know them :S

They are finally getting some young blood in.

Theres a lot of players on that list that i have no idea who they are...

i dont have much knowledge of Serie A but still, it takes a lot for me not to know them :S

same here, no doubt they'll end up dropped in favour of the elderly guard we know.

Pasquale Foggia DID NOT GET IN!!
He's amazing and has a box full of tricks