Touchline shouts - How to get them working ?

marksmithlfc

Reaction score
Can someone help with how to get touchline shouts to work or are they mostly redundant ?

Would be good to see how effective they are or can be ?

They only have a minor effect anyway. They can make a difference, for good or for bad, although it is very difficult to quantify just how effective they are.

I think if you pick 50 players, they will all use them differently, if at all.

There are a couple of guides on other forums explaining what each one is meant to achieve which helps with the 'when to use them' question.

I ted to take an instinctive gut-feeling approach. If I find myself shouting 'Come on Guys!" at the screen - I go for 'Encourage'. If I am screaming 'Attack for FS!" I'll go for the shout as well. :)

I use them all the time, they are much more effective this year. Essentially, keep an eye on players body language through out the game, if a few players seem disinterest use "show passion" for only those players, same goes if certain players are complacent, shout concentrate. I use "demand more" 2-3 times a game, keeps the team motivated through out. I use 'praise' through a run of goals, push forward in last 15 during losing or drawn game. As stated they are 1%ers