Training a Complete Forward

KofiTheBlack

Reaction score
I am trying to teach my young striker the Complete Forward role. I set the individual training to Complete forward. It's been 1 and a half seasons and his suitability is still yellow (50% full). What am I doing wrong?

A few things...

- The Complete Forward training focus is a VERY spread out focus. It focuses on a LOT of attributes, so you won't see sharp increases in individual attributes.

- The Focus Intensity is only on Average. Set it higher if you want more training on that role.

- The yellow circle indicator will perform a basic check on all the key attributes (and there are a lot for the CF) and that's what's shown here. If he doesn't have the attributes required, then he won't get a good rating. He could still perform well here though.

- If there are specific weaknesses (lacking in certain Key Atrributes) then it'd make much more sense to focus on them rather than the complete role, which will just cover all the attributes, good or bad.

- How old is the player? Is there room for improvement still?

A few things...

- The Complete Forward training focus is a VERY spread out focus. It focuses on a LOT of attributes, so you won't see sharp increases in individual attributes.

- The Focus Intensity is only on Average. Set it higher if you want more training on that role.

- The yellow circle indicator will perform a basic check on all the key attributes (and there are a lot for the CF) and that's what's shown here. If he doesn't have the attributes required, then he won't get a good rating. He could still perform well here though.

- If there are specific weaknesses (lacking in certain Key Atrributes) then it'd make much more sense to focus on them rather than the complete role, which will just cover all the attributes, good or bad.

- How old is the player? Is there room for improvement still?

He's 28 and he has the same number of Current Ability stars as Potential Ability stars (4). Is this bad? I also have another striker who is 24 and has 3 Current Ability stars and 3 Potential Ability stars. Should I play him more?

He's 28 and he has the same number of Current Ability stars as Potential Ability stars (4). Is this bad? I also have another striker who is 24 and has 3 Current Ability stars and 3 Potential Ability stars. Should I play him more?
It means they both won't improve much. Don't expect him to get much better at being a Complete Forward than what he is. There will probably be some attribute/CA re-distribution, but it'll be minimal.

In regards to what WJ said about the yellow indicator being based on the player's attributes, at 28 it is very unlikely that the player's key attributes will increase. He may increase his Finishing or Heading, for instance, but as a Complete Forward he'd need an increase in about 20 attributes to see a major difference.

It means they both won't improve much. Don't expect him to get much better at being a Complete Forward than what he is. There will probably be some attribute/CA re-distribution, but it'll be minimal.

In regards to what WJ said about the yellow indicator being based on the player's attributes, at 28 it is very unlikely that the player's key attributes will increase. He may increase his Finishing or Heading, for instance, but as a Complete Forward he'd need an increase in about 20 attributes to see a major difference.

Hi WJ and Mike, I also discovered two strikers on my squad, Cyle Larin, and Brian Rochez. They are both 20 years and have 2 Current Ability stars and 4 potential stars (with one extra black star). This shows me that they both have high potential. How do I properly train them to be complete forwards?

Hi WJ and Mike, I also discovered two strikers on my squad, Cyle Larin, and Brian Rochez. They are both 20 years and have 2 Current Ability stars and 4 potential stars (with one extra black star). This shows me that they both have high potential. How do I properly train them to be complete forwards?

The second last point of post #5 covers that.

Back