Training a new position + new role

c0nk3r

Reaction score
Is there a way to train a player to, for example, play in the left wing position but train him in the Complete Forward role?

We could do this in 15, which was really useful to give a young high-potential player a more rounded training routine (like Complete Forward or Roaming Playmaker).

Also, the training screen no longer highlights the important stats of that particular role that I'm training the player for?

Play him in the position you want him to and then select the role in that position you want him to train. The attributes trained is displayed if you go to the player's profile training page.

Does this mean I can't train a left winger to have the skill set of a Complete Forward?

The thing about training as a Complete Forward or Roaming Playmaker is that it develops the player more evenly, especially young players with some useful stats that don't get trained in a different role. E.g. Inside Forward training doesn't train a player's Teamwork stat (nor Agility nor Balance) while Complete Forward does.

Does this mean I can't train a left winger to have the skill set of a Complete Forward?

The thing about training as a Complete Forward or Roaming Playmaker is that it develops the player more evenly, especially young players with some useful stats that don't get trained in a different role. E.g. Inside Forward training doesn't train a player's Teamwork stat (nor Agility nor Balance) while Complete Forward does.

Players can only training in roles in positions they can play. (This is true for FM15 as well).
If you want to training a LW as a Complete Forward Role, you'll first have to train him in the Striker position.

set him to train as a complete forward and play him as a left winger it really is that simple for example here is rolando arons training as both a complete forward and a cb, you can train any role on any player.

View attachment 218134 View attachment 218133

Last edited:
Sorry for off topic but there isint possible to high, medium or low training anymore?

no there isnt, unsure if this is an oversight. Or if the training intensity is supposed to be based of attributes like work rate and personality etc.

no there isnt, unsure if this is an oversight. Or if the training intensity is supposed to be based of attributes like work rate and personality etc.
Nope, not an oversight.

You 'stack' more tasks on a player and it'll increase his workload, but you cannot set an intensity except for the team training.

Training

Quick question, when I train a player for a different role, why does it take ages for him to get fully used to the new role? Is there anything I can do to make it faster???

Quick question, when I train a player for a different role, why does it take ages for him to get fully used to the new role? Is there anything I can do to make it faster???

Depends on the new roleand the players adaptability number

if you let him play on the training position, he will learn it faster

Did not work for me

I played for 2 whole Chelsea seasons ~110 games with Paul Pogba at MC and at the role of Central Midfielder he was 7/10 and stayed like that after 2 seasons. he was also training as a CM. Did I miss something?

I played for 2 whole Chelsea seasons ~110 games with Paul Pogba at MC and at the role of Central Midfielder he was 7/10 and stayed like that after 2 seasons. he was also training as a CM. Did I miss something?

7/10? What does it mean?

I mean the round green thingy that shows how good he is in that position.