Lamias

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am a bit confused as to how to approach training.

Essentially my question is this: Should I tailor the training schedule every week depending on my opponent's weaknesses (e.g. train "attacking from wings" if they concede lots of goals from there), or should I leave the training schedule intact for 3-4 months to see an increase in attributes, like in older FMs?

Thanks!!

Edit: I just noticed I posted in the tactics sub-forum. I am sorry.

Last edited:
I am still getting my head around this version of training as well.

My take on it: You can use the Match Prep sessions to boost performance on certain areas for the next game. At least that's what I am doing, and it seems to give decent results, although hard to quantify.

Thanks for the reply!

So I have understood as well. But I don't know how many sessions I should program. For instance, if I do 3 defensive shape sessions before a match, will they give me more boost than if I did only 1?

Yes yes, thank you!

Unfortunately it doesn't specify if more than one sessions of match preparation give accumulated results, or if they don't offer anything more.

Yes yes, thank you!

Unfortunately it doesn't specify if more than one sessions of match preparation give accumulated results, or if they don't offer anything more.
They don't accumulate.