Tmel

Reaction score
Is there much of a tangible difference between managing training schedules yourself and leaving it to your assistant? I've done the tutorial and have been using the pre-set schedules pretty much as they were (a tactical week once/twice a month in and amongst a random selection of defence, physical, technical and attack weeks) but not sure if this is how to get the most out of my players - particularly in order to help my young squad develop.

Is there much of a tangible difference between managing training schedules yourself and leaving it to your assistant? I've done the tutorial and have been using the pre-set schedules pretty much as they were (a tactical week once/twice a month in and amongst a random selection of defence, physical, technical and attack weeks) but not sure if this is how to get the most out of my players - particularly in order to help my young squad develop.

i believe there's a big difference. in FM19 i noticed it much more, and so far, i can see the difference here too. i've put a few bullet points for things i do, its not a rule but just my take on fm

- firstly, best thing for young players to develop is game time. if he's not likely to get much game time at your club, look to loan him to a club that'll start him regular and has good training facilities
- my training schedules heavily focus on match prep. and also on my teams weakness. to check this you can go to the team comparison page and see where your team is weak compared to the league. or you can listen to your assistants report on where he thinks your weakness is
- have a look at your training units as well. this FM, i decided to put all my CMs in the defensive unit, this is because of they way my tactics are set up. i use gegenpress so i don't want my midfielders doing attacking work, they need to be good defensively to win the ball back

i will post screenshots a bit later of my current save schedule

I've always left the training schedules to my assistant on every version of FM. However, I'm toying with the idea of managing it myself this year, but it seems like a bit of a minefield for someone that's never done it before!

i believe there's a big difference. in FM19 i noticed it much more, and so far, i can see the difference here too. i've put a few bullet points for things i do, its not a rule but just my take on fm

- firstly, best thing for young players to develop is game time. if he's not likely to get much game time at your club, look to loan him to a club that'll start him regular and has good training facilities
- my training schedules heavily focus on match prep. and also on my teams weakness. to check this you can go to the team comparison page and see where your team is weak compared to the league. or you can listen to your assistants report on where he thinks your weakness is
- have a look at your training units as well. this FM, i decided to put all my CMs in the defensive unit, this is because of they way my tactics are set up. i use gegenpress so i don't want my midfielders doing attacking work, they need to be good defensively to win the ball back

Thanks very much, makes a lot of sense! If you can post the schedules later, that'd be great

my Gegenpress schedule (if midweek fixture, i mix it about but never do anything physical)

20191127090755_1.jpg

my tactical schedule...i used this when playing big teams or got new players (if midweek fixture, i mix it about but never do anything physical)

20191127090759_1.jpg

my training units, you can see all my mids are training ball winning mid and are in defensive unit...attackers are all pressing forwards...

20191127090843_1.jpg

my Gegenpress schedule (if midweek fixture, i mix it about but never do anything physical)

View attachment 812

my tactical schedule...i used this when playing big teams or got new players (if midweek fixture, i mix it about but never do anything physical)

View attachment 813

my training units, you can see all my mids are training ball winning mid and are in defensive unit...attackers are all pressing forwards...

View attachment 814

How does that work in terms of your calendar? Do you use the Geggenpress schedule every week and then just switch to tactical if you have a big game/new players?

How do you put your players into units and what are the benefits of doing this?