Reaction score
Hi!

I have a few questions about how training works.

Should i train a player in the position he is playing?
Lets take a FB as example. Should i train him as a FB or can i train him as a complete wing back to get more of his attributes trained but play him as a FB in games?
Will he get confused or something because he is being trained as a CWB but plays FB in games?

Its really down to how you need to the player to develop. You don't need to train him for the same role you are using him. Thinking of the "roles" in training more as ways to group the aspects being trained. So decide based on where you want or need the player to improve.

A fullback can be trained as a wingback if you want them to improve their attacking attributes more than the defensive ones. A wingback could be trained as a fullback if you, conversely, need them to improve their defensive attributes. You could even go further and train the wide defender as a winger or a striker, but it comes down what you want them to improve upon.

Its really down to how you need to the player to develop. You don't need to train him for the same role you are using him. Thinking of the "roles" in training more as ways to group the aspects being trained. So decide based on where you want or need the player to improve.

A fullback can be trained as a wingback if you want them to improve their attacking attributes more than the defensive ones. A wingback could be trained as a fullback if you, conversely, need them to improve their defensive attributes. You could even go further and train the wide defender as a winger or a striker, but it comes down what you want them to improve upon.

Alrighty thats the answer i was looking for thanks dude