Tranmere - A Step In The Right Direction

reds0910

Reaction score
Hi guys just bought Football Manager 2010 and loving it. Being a Liverpool fan I would love nothing more than having Tranmere playing in the Premier League and doing well. Also it gives Liverpool and Everton another rivalry. I will be updating here regularly and letting you know how I am getting along in my quest to take Tranmere to the top.

WILKINSON TAKES TRANMERE HOT SEAT

The Tranmere board have today confirmed the appointment of Jarrod Wilkinson as the new boss at Prenton Park.

Wilkinson enjoys a growing reputatuion with the football world and it is hoped that his appointment will take Tranmere onto bigger and better things.

Wilkinson was quated as saying "this is absolutley a dream come true to be able to be head coach of a Football Club like Tranmere. However though finances are not that great so we will have to be carefull with players coming into the club and they're salaries.

TRANMERE STRENGTHEN SQUAD WITH FOUR SIGNINGS

Tranmere Rovers have completed the signing of Marcos Bambam, Trípodi Mariano, André Zubá and Grandin Elliot. Tranmere now have a new front pairing in Marcos and Trípodi which Tranmere boss Jarrod Wilknson believes will be benefited by the services of Grandin Elliot out at right midfield. Tranmere have been noted for there lack of a quality goal keeper and the aquisition of André Zubá looks to have strengthend this area consideraby. Wilkinson stated that "all the players were really exited to be a part of the set up at Prenton Park and are looking to establish themselves in the team pretty quickly".

never heard of any of those hopefully you can do a better job than that moron barnes, and i hope you got rid of bain lol he is awful

Cheers mate, do you mean Kithson Bain, if so he is on the transfer market as he was unwilling to terminate his contract :(

yeah i mean kithson bain his stats are ****, some blue square south team signed him on my southampton game and he cant even score there thats how bad he is, he had 2 in 16 last season when he went on loan there

Yeah I'm trying to sell him along with Paul McLaren, Gareth Edds and Marlon Broomes. This is just to get some money in the kitty so am able to buy some players for free and pay their wages :D

Had a look at him but he has already been piked up. He wants $16,500 Australian per week :( unfortunately I dont have that kind of money

hes absoutely class thats such a shame, in my second southampton season he is said to be a good player for most premier sides, he rejected wigan to stay with me because he loves me so much

TRANMERE HAMMER MIDDLESBROUGH 4-2

Well going into this match I was hopping for a draw but could see us possible going down by a goal or 2. When we took the lead thanks to a great curling shot that rounded the keeper and went into the top right hand post from
Mariano Trípodi. We went into the break 1-0 up and thought we were the better team of the first half. However though Middlesbrough equalised right after half time and I thought we were gonna go done from there. But to my surprise we never stopped and then went on to take the lead thanks to a beautiful run down the wing from Elliot Grandin who crossed and found Alan Mahon who volleyed the ball past the keeper. 10 minutes later Trípodi beat 2 defenders and put the bal into the back of the net. 3-1 up this was great and then 2 minutes later our captain Ian Thomas-Moore who had nly been on for 5 minutes scored and we were 4-1 up. Middlesbrough got a concelation goal at the end but the damage was done. 4-2 against a fairly strong team and my first victory as a manager. I hope this is a sign of things to come :D

oh by the way we dont need an essay on each result, the admins give me **** for that so dont do it lol, just do a monthly round up, more people will follow that way

ok cheers for the insight :D

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

* [FONT=&quot]Tranmere Beat Vauxhaul 2-0 (Mariano Trípodi, Andrew Owen)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tranmere played some nice football there today often linking up a number of passes in a row and getting a shot in on goal. However though some fine tuning needs to be down in order for the squad to be completely prepared for the start of the season. Ian Goodison was also sent off during this match.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stevenage 1-4 Tranmere (Ian Goodison, Mariano Trípodi, John Welsh, Ben Savage)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tranemere claimed their third victory on the trot in a dominant display that saw the keeper only beaten once because of a poor clearance by the defence. Tranmere are starting to play some nice football and the goals are frequently coming having now scored 10 goals in their past three games.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Andrew Owen Dominates Against Accrington (Andrew Owen x 3)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Andrew Owen scored in the 16th, 20th and 17th minutes to help Tranmere overcome Accrington 3-0.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wigan Narrowly Over Tranmere (Andrew Owen x 2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wigan was a team that at first wouldn’t have expected to beat but with the current run of form we were having I thought anything was possibly. We went 2-0 down within the first 10 minutes before Andrew Owen pulled one back for us on the half hour mark only for Wigan to again score. Owen got a second in the 50th minute and the scores stayed as they were, narrowly going down 3-2. Even though we lost I am quite pleased with the result.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tranmere put 5 past Glenn Hoddle Academy (Marcos Bambam, Andrew Owen x 3, Alan Mahon)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tranmere completely ran riot this afternoon putting 5 past Glenn Hoddle Academy. Head coach Jarrad Wilkinson said “that it was nice to finish the pre-season with a game like that. We know have a week and a half’s break before we officially kick off the season against Yeovil on the 8th of August”.[/FONT]

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tranmere played some nice football there today often linking up a number of passes in a row and getting a shot in on goal. However though some fine tuning needs to be down in order for the squad to be completely prepared for the start of the season. Ian Goodison was also sent off during this match.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stevenage 1-4 Tranmere (Ian Goodison, Mariano Trípodi, John Welsh, Ben Savage)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tranemere claimed their third victory on the trot in a dominant display that saw the keeper only beaten once because of a poor clearance by the defence. Tranmere are starting to play some nice football and the goals are frequently coming having now scored 10 goals in their past three games.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Andrew Owen scored in the 16th, 20th and 17th minutes to help Tranmere overcome Accrington 3-0.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wigan was a team that at first wouldn’t have expected to beat but with the current run of form we were having I thought anything was possibly. We went 2-0 down within the first 10 minutes before Andrew Owen pulled one back for us on the half hour mark only for Wigan to again score. Owen got a second in the 50th minute and the scores stayed as they were, narrowly going down 3-2. Even though we lost I am quite pleased with the result.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tranmere put 5 past Glenn Hoddle Academy (Marcos Bambam, Andrew Owen x 3, Alan Mahon)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tranmere completely ran riot this afternoon putting 5 past Glenn Hoddle Academy. Head coach Jarrad Wilkinson said “that it was nice to finish the pre-season with a game like that. We know have a week and a half’s break before we officially kick off the season against Yeovil on the 8th of August”.[/FONT]

oh by the way we dont need an essay on each result, the admins give me **** for that so dont do it lol, just do a monthly round up, more people will follow that way
No. The admins give you **** because you make so many stories..

Good luck mate

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

ok cheers for the insight :D

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Well done mate, bit of advice, don't put headlines like "Wigan narrowly over Tranmere". Just put up the result.

cheers to be honest I was getting sick of trying to think of headlines haha so putting up the result is going to be a lot easier :D

Good luck, will be a nice challenge. :)

hey all I've got some bad news. Well the the bad news is that I left my game running for a little while and went out sound. When I came back I saw that my game had frozen. I restarted my computer however though am not able to load my Tranmere game unfortunately, I was really starting to get into it as well. However though I am going to start a new game this time making sure NOT to leave FM10 running on my computer whilst I am not there
grin.gif
grin.gif

Last edited: