Transfer Flops & Poor Managers

• Thread starter Thread starter agm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3K

agm

Reaction score
Hi,

So when I was managing Parma in 3rd season of the game i bought Paulo Dybala (class act by the way if you train him as an AML) from Palermo for £5.75m. He was amazing for me got loads of assists and scored many crucial goals and was never injured. I was kind of expecting clubs to sniffing around him and sure enough Chelsea came with an offer of £30m at the end of the season, I negotiated back and forth and they eventually agreed to pay a staggering £50m for him. I made a tidy profit for the club and managed to sign a nice regen replacement and all was dandy until I thought I'd have a look at how he was getting on with Chelsea.

I couldn't beleive my eyes when they hadn't even registered him for the premier league and he didn't make one single appearance. As my career went on I kept checking up on him and three seasons on he has played a mighty 11 league games for chelsea and hasn't scored a single goal in any competition. WOW! I did actually try to resign him but Chelsea wouldn't budge on £25m which I couldn't afford. Fair to say a massive flop.

I would like to know what experiences you have had with your amazing players selling them on etc. and they underperform or don't even get a chance at other clubs.

View attachment 310571

Also as a side note what is it with FM and clubs going for very poor managers with horrendous records? In my save while I was managing in he Serie A for several years with Cittadella and Parma, Stale Sollbakken (spelling?) got sacked from no less than 5 different BIG clubs from around the globe but he kept getting hired, even beating me to jobs I applied for!!! He even managed to get Roma relegated from Serie A while they still had amazing players like Strootman etc. then I think when he got sacked from Roma he managed to get a job with AC Milan who finished 4th the previous year and he got them all the way to 15th in the league and was sacked haha!

Have you had experiences with shocking managers getting all the good jobs and royaly ******* them up?

Apologies for the long post btw;)

Regarding the managers getting jobs, that happened last year as well. Villas Boas used to get sacked from every club but would walk straight into another one. Same with Bielsa and the old Zenit manager, cant remember name but he's Italian

So this is kind of the opposite scenario... But every single job Guardiola gets on my long term save he is dreadful in.. Will pull up his record next time I log in and SS.

Ermm in my 1st season of my current long term United save Mourinho was leading the premier league for virtually the entire season. He was about 9 points clear in February, then he lost 6 games in a row and I took the lead and eventually won the thing. He gets sacked a few years later and moves to Southampton who survived relegation by 1 point. He gets sacked after being relegated with them. Then stoke hire him, he's maintaining them at 10th but Stoke are not a mid-table team anymore, since 2014 (in 2020 right now) they've become a strong team with the likes of Jese, Youri Tielemens, Scuffet, and even Romelu Lukaku. I would say the following teams are top in England for me in order:

1. Manchester United
2. Arsenal
3. Manchester City
4. Liverpool
5. Stoke
6. Chelsea

Odd thing is that Stoke's climb won't last for me, Tielemens, Lukaku, etc will eventually all be poached by bigger teams financially which Stoke have no chance of competing with. Even Chelsea, a now inferior team have 5x more financial power.

Brendan Rogers has to be the worst premier league manager in the last 2 football managers. Always got sacked after first season.

In my save ancelotti was fired by Real in first 6 months after being 6th in the league with 20 games played.

City have hardly played Eliaquim Mangala for three and half years after signing him for 30M (even though it is real life signing and not FM one) and come January 2018 they transfer list him for 3 Million.

United did have Zaza, Zivkovic and one other regen striker, but there was no serious injuries. Considering his form I'm surprised he didn't get more games, especially after spending 66m. I wasn't really complaining though.

United did have Zaza, Zivkovic and one other regen striker, but there was no serious injuries. Considering his form I'm surprised he didn't get more games, especially after spending 66m. I wasn't really complaining though.

Could you post a SS of the player United signed would love to see what you get for £66m lol but back to the point i was Stoke and after 2 seasons City offered me i think £19m for Bojan so i sold him and he played 5 league games in like 2 and a half seasons.

I always see Neil Warnock moving from club to club. Takes a low level job, gets them promoted, and gets sacked 6 months later.
And yes, I mean in-game, not irl.

On My Chelsea Save Man City Sacked There Manager In February And In The Second Season They're Currently Bottom Of The Table

Mancini beating you to every job, he always ends up back at city and then takes them into 7th

Back