Patrico91

Reaction score
What is the highest possible price we can get from selling top player? How does it look in FM18? Is it realistic and prices went up very high?

I would love to see some ss's.

I got a 128mil instant cash offer for Kasper Dolberg 2nd season in the game from Real Madrid. I declined, but that's been the highest so far.

Nice, was it in pounds, euros..?

Wonder if is it possible to sell someone for similar price like PSG bought Neymar this season.

Nice, was it in pounds, euros..?

Wonder if is it possible to sell someone for similar price like PSG bought Neymar this season.
£s

As for that much money, don't know - I actually doubt it, since then players like Dybala have been transferred, and max so far has been £84mil in my save.

So far sold myself. Smalling 23.5m, Blind 44m, Mata 37.3m, Fellaini 17m, Lingard 21m, Romero 12m, Darmian 26m. There all Sterling btw on my 1 season test save. Start of Second season Madrid wanted to offer me 59m for Miki. There good sales prices imo considering some chump change offers I got on FM17.

The highest bid I noticed in my test save was City trying to sign Milinkovic Savic for 61m.

On the buying side again was impressed. Got Ghoulam for 17.5m, Serri for 16.3m. Think as there both near end of contracts. Also bought Savic Milinkovic 37m, Nvidi 12.6m, Henrichs 23m, Cutrone 19.5m

Tbh i think that it should be possible. That would be realistic. For example amazing player, skillwise close to Neymar, Messi etc and price for him 220 mln. But only if hes really almost best in the whole game

Tbh i think that it should be possible. That would be realistic. For example amazing player, skillwise close to Neymar, Messi etc and price for him 220 mln. But only if he's really almost best in the whole game

Neymar was a freak deal that I don't think we'll see again for quite some time. The reality is that the best players are too expensive unless you can catch one with a relatively cheap release clause - That's what neymar was: his release clause was much lower than Barca valued him at.

120m-160m is what I see being the highest fees for the best of the best for a few years now

I sold Mkhitaryan for 90m euros and Herrera for close that that number as well. I think its realistic XD

Ran a multitude of test soaks for 3-5 seasons. Deals in the 50-100m range are relatively common. Not constant, but certainly not rare. Deals over 100m happen but a bit more infrequently. Haven't seen one getting into that Neymar range, though.

I actually wish I had ss the £128mil offer for Dolberg. Haven't seen one even remotely close for a while now.

I have done some tests after noticing a trend in transfer offers.

I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about the tool I use so I will keep it as low key as possible:
I have a tool that allows me to check my current database of players and their current stats/potential stats etc.

Basically any player you have that has a potential rating of 84 and up will net you insane cash.

For instance, my first save was Ajax (as I do with every FM).
Van de Beek had a max potential of 78
Dolberg had a max potential of 84
Kluivert had a max potential of 81

I played through the first season, won the eredivisie and lost the quarter final of the EURO Cup. After that I sold Dolberg for € 55 million to PSG, Kluivert for 30 mill to Liverpool. No interest in Donny van de Beek whatsoever.

After launch I started a new game. In this one:
Van de Beek had max potential rating of 84
Dolberg had a max potential rating of 86
Kluiver had a max potential rating of 79

Van de Beek was snatched up in the FIRST winter window for a whopping € 65 million. Dolberg was sold during the first summer window for € 88 million. No interest in Kluivert whatsoever.

Long story short:
I am pretty sure the AI has min/max bids for players rated above a certain max potential. Same goes for me trying to buy a player above a certain max potential rating.

Chelsea just offered 152 mln pounds for this player:

View attachment 76881

Hes PA is 180. Will see how far can we go, i have better players in my team.

Edit.

Sold him for 167 mln pounds.

Last edited:
I wonder why prices are so different in my game right now. Few months ago i could sell players for almost 150 pounds and now the best players like Dybala etc. are going for max 100 pounds and no team is going to bid more for anyone... Was it an update or something?

Sold Icardi for 110 mil (euros) to man city. 110 was release clausule. Almost 100 mil pounds

I sold Insigne for 166 mil. euro to Manchester City. After the first season with Napoli, I managed to win Champions League and came second for the Scudetto. I've negotiated for 121 mil. up front and 45 mil. in various fees.