Transfer .... Problems?

Reaction score
Hi

Relativly new here and im having a spot of bother with the transfers. Im in my first season with Manchester United and ive been trying to sign Milan Badelj who is highly related in these forums. Ive deduced that he can be bought for £4m-ish. But i have had countless bids rejected, £6m + Michael Owen + 30% from next sale is the latest bid to be rejected.

I have found this problem not to only be with him, but also Romario and Raheem Sterling, despite offering well above the valuation and what other fm'ers have recommended i still get the bids rejected.

Any help?

HE may already have agreed a deal with another club.

Valuations are pretty broken in this game. Often, a player can end up costing double or triple his value. As for Raheem Sterling, I doubt you'll get him cheap as United, since 'Pool are your rivals.

If I were you, I'd pick up Ruben Yttergard Jenssen for 1 mil.

HE may already have agreed a deal with another club.

No, he couldn't, if he can still offer for him.

Get a scout report on him and go on the report and look at transfer info on him. This gives you an idea on if the player wants to play for you, how willing the club are to selling him and how much maybe required to pay. Note that the better the scout, the more reliable info. Hope this helps!

You wait till you offer 10 mill for a player for example and it gets rejected.

Two weeks later the same player is sold for less to another team. And I'm not talking trying to buy from a rival.

Or you offer a player more wages and he accepts the lower wage by a similar club.

I think this needs sorting for FM13

I find it easiest to scout and then offer deals upon the scout report.
If you have good scouts, which I do, almost every player I bought, the scout report deviated by £1-3M compared to the real price I paid. Sometimes I can get very low compared to the scout cause you unsettle the player.

I find it easiest to scout and then offer deals upon the scout report.
If you have good scouts, which I do, almost every player I bought, the scout report deviated by £1-3M compared to the real price I paid. Sometimes I can get very low compared to the scout cause you unsettle the player.

Yeah unsettling can take an age and it don't work everytime.

Unless your FM has different scouts to mine then as sometimes the best scouts can't account for the fact that clubs come back with stupid negotiations.

If you get a report that says 25 million at least to buy. You try and club want say 38 mil as a response. You can't say that you get your player within 1-3 mill of that 25 mill scout report. Not every time anyway.

You wait till you offer 10 mill for a player for example and it gets rejected.

Two weeks later the same player is sold for less to another team. And I'm not talking trying to buy from a rival.

Or you offer a player more wages and he accepts the lower wage by a similar club.

I think this needs sorting for FM13

This is so frustrating. I can sort of understand when the player signs for a higher reputation club, even if the wages are lower, but when he signs for a lower rep team for less wages it is really irritating.

Exactly. It's a joke. I know it's a game but most players go with the money in real life.

If you can't find a reason as to why the player dont move to your club and to another for less wages then the game is flawed.

Yeah unsettling can take an age and it don't work everytime.

Unless your FM has different scouts to mine then as sometimes the best scouts can't account for the fact that clubs come back with stupid negotiations.

If you get a report that says 25 million at least to buy. You try and club want say 38 mil as a response. You can't say that you get your player within 1-3 mill of that 25 mill scout report. Not every time anyway.

I can agree to that however I do not know how managers set their targets but for my squad I don't buy players in the high end range, I am not City with unlimited funds because of Oil money, I am United with a freaking MEGA debt that needs to be cleared. To spend £30M on a player is not a yearly action if you manage United, not if you are building a youth base anyway. Most of the players i buy range from £10M-20M besides Bale who cost me a fortune. Most of my targets, I say most of them that are in the £10M-20M, the scouts have been right on target. You also have to chose a good scout. I think many managers look at the mental numbers and then if they are high, YES, sign him! However, when I look at a scout, I also look at the backroom advice values, I spend a lot of time in the backroom for advice since managing a team is not a one man show. With that I mean, only a handful of my scouts have been right on target, the remaining scouts I use to find potential, then I use another scouting group to monitor those players...

Back