Transfer save game files

• Thread starter Thread starter kophbk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 15K

kophbk

Reaction score
Hi I recently bought a new laptop which is on windows 8.1 and have a fresh install of FM15 from steam on it, however I have a save game file on my windows 7 laptop which I would like to transfer over to the new laptop to resume my game. Is that possible as its windows 7 to windows 8.1 because i presume to file locations would be different and it may corrupt the fresh install of my other laptop?

Many thanks if anyone can help me, I have a 16gb flash drive at the ready :)

Two ways of doing it.

1. Enable Steam Cloud Save for FM15 on your old computer. Load the game, save and then exit. You'll see it uploaded to Steam Cloud.
2. Enable Steam Cloud Save for FM15 on your new computer, bada-bing, bada-boom, you're good to go.

2nd way, the manual old fashioned one is;
Find save folder in my documents such as (C:\Users\Espen\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\games) and copy it to usb flashdrive
Repeat the process on new computer, but copy from flashdrive.

If you don't find a Games folder on your new computer, it might not be created yet. If you're a bit iffy about creating it yourself, start a new game on new computer and save & exit. Now the folder is definitely there, because it kind of has to be :)

I might have been a little hasty.

If memory serves, there's an option to upload/download saves to Steam directly from within the game itself, in one of the save/load menus. Though i might be thinking of a different game entirely xD
Give it a look.

Back