Transfers are so broken in this game.

ibbyb94

Reaction score
Man City buying 4 full backs in one season, very realistic indeed. Top players moving to new clubs ever other year, very realistic. Transfers in this game are broken, and it just makes the game feel like a Fifa career mode not a football manager simulation.

https://imgur.com/a/NYVIy

its not about the cost of the transfer, its the number. why would man city buy 4 full backs when they already have 2 quality full backs at the club, and you're not going to see Coutinho moving to psg in 2 years for 180m, which is what I was alluding to.

They could improve this yes. And more realistic offers, PSG in the game(for example) NEVER will pay 200M or more for a player.

They could improve this yes. And more realistic offers, PSG in the game(for example) NEVER will pay 200M or more for a player.

Well, they Neymar transfer and the Mbappe loan/transfer have created a likely FFP issue for PSG and they are apparently actively to look to get rid of players because of it. In the game, the AI logic is highly likely to look to avoid those kind of situations, hence transfer offers that big aren't going to happen very often.

The transfer AI can definitely get better. Part of the problem is that almost any anomaly you can identity, something similar has and does happen in reality. It makes it hard to say "that's not realistic". More accurate, its that something happens a bit too often in the game. I mean, City spent 50m apiece on 3 fullbacks this summer when they had "pretty good" players already. Chelsea and United have bought back players they sold / lost years before and paid significantly more. So these "wouldn't happen" things do happen.

Depends on the age and stats as well, I often buy players to retrain into the role I want regardless of the starting position if they are good enough.. (or get them out on loan for a fee to help with FFP). Its a bit overboard for the AI but can happen.