Transfers

• Thread starter Thread starter LoganGill
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 968

LoganGill

Reaction score
Hey all,So i was trying to buy some players and i cant even buy a single one because of the asking price of the club..i mean if a player is worth 2-3 mill..asking price will be 40-45 mill..Dont know what to do..help?

If the players have recently joined their club, then you won't be able to get them for anything less. Otherwise, if the club is a rival, or if the manager dislikes you, then also the price will increase. If they're key players, then again, the club may demand exorbitant amounts..

More info regarding season, which club you are managing and the players you're trying to buy will help in giving a better opinion.

I am managing real madrid..and i wanted to buy a wonderkid whos price tag was 3-4 mill but club is asking about 45 mill why?

Also i wanted di sciglio..his asking price also is very high

Also i wanted di sciglio..his asking price also is very high

Which season are you in? In the first season, di Sciglio is available at a reasonable rate. Afterwards, he becomes their key player, and they're less likely to sell him. As for wonderkid, the club either don't want to sell, and hence have put such a high price on him. Or he just recently signed a new deal. Or they know they can milk you for all he's worth. Take your pick..

I am in first season..i dont know now i am in the middle of the season and the wonderkid i was trying to sign is available at a good price like 12-15 mill.

Remember that clubs don't need to sell - check the financial situation of a club and use that to your advantage. Also remember to negotiate. If they ask for £40m there's a good chance they'll accept a quarter of that if you're persistent and £10m is a lot to them...

I buy a lot of hot prospects - usually look for them at 15 or 16 with 4+ star potential. It's a lot more difficult in FM2015 than previous years but can still be done although there's a greater chance of a dud signing. Personally I wouldn't pay more than about £5m for a player of that age but over the years it can definitely pay dividends.

Some of the key things I look out for, apart from the selling club are what the scouts say - they'll give a guide on the price. Also, keep a special look out for contract situation of young players - if someone is on a youth contract you can frequently offer a contract and compensation will be determined rather than making a bid to the club and it can be a great way to pick them up cheap (watch that sometimes it can be more than they're worth anyway).

Make sure you know the dates for the regens - with those you can offer a contract before the club who brought them through and steal them. It's more risky this year with the reduced scouting information but can still be a useful trick.

Some of the key things I look out for, apart from the selling club are what the scouts say - they'll give a guide on the price. Also, keep a special look out for contract situation of young players - if someone is on a youth contract you can frequently offer a contract and compensation will be determined rather than making a bid to the club and it can be a great way to pick them up cheap (watch that sometimes it can be more than they're worth anyway).

Make sure you know the dates for the regens - with those you can offer a contract before the club who brought them through and steal them. It's more risky this year with the reduced scouting information but can still be a useful trick.

Yeah, don't do that (signing for compensation). Worked like a peach in FM14, but has some issues in the latest version. As compensation, it will include plenty of clauses ($$$ upon international appearances, $$ for 40 Appearances) and the like. Definitely not worth it. Just go to offering contract for the player - the compensation value will be present down below. Make the club an offer for the same amount, 99% they'll accept. Then proceed as usual.

Also, for dates, that won't work out so well this year too. First year is fixed, after which the dates are random. Unless you want to spend around two months checking each club's U19 team each day to see if they have had regens.

Back