Status
Not open for further replies.

Treaders

Reaction score
images

The Newcastle Story!

On 11th July 2011 Newcastle appoint Nick Treadwell as manager,

So i embark on thsi journey with a squad who has just been promoted, with a squad short of attacking prescence but full of experienced premiership players,

The stand out problem was the strikers, with demba ba, peter lovenkrands, leon best and shola ameobi, i new i wouldnt be able to compete, although with the likes of fabricio coloccini, jonas and hatem ben arfa, i had the quality to stop up,

The next thing was to see who i can purchase to keep me in the division,

Next Update will be transfers and pre season.

Transfers and Pre Season

Transfers and Pre season!

Sooo, after a good look at my squad i thought it was time to see who i could bring in,
With injuries to Hatem Ben Arfa, Danny Guthrie and Ryan Taylor i went to work...

i first added james tomkins to my side in a 3.1 Million poun deal from west ham,
Then added added Striker Daniel Sturidge On a season long loan from chelsea and Wayne Bridge on a season long loan from Manchester City ( with a future fee on 1.3 Million)

I also looked to send some younger prospects on loan, during this Manchester City came sniffing around captain Fabricio Coloccini and tested my resolve with a bid of 7.5 million which was rejected.
Although on the eve of the 1st pre-season game away at Gateshead Sammy Ameobi Left on loan to sheffield Utd for 6 Months,

So the 1st Pre season game has arrived....

Vs Gateshead,
Krul, Santon, Coloccini, Tomkins, Bridge, Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye, Marveaux, Sturridge, Ba
Subs: Harper, Simpson, S.Taylor, Obertan, Ameobi, Best, Lovenkrands, Gosling
Gateshead 0
Newcastle 3
Ba, Ameobi, Coloccini

In the lead up to our next pre-season game, nile ranger left on a season long loan to middlesborough, Thomas Kader left for southampton in a 1 million pound transfer and mike williamson made a 2.5 million pound switch to west ham.

Its Here....

during pre-season alot more of my younger players left on loan,
james perch, james tavertner, michael richardson, patrick nzuzi and jeff henderson the men respectivaly.

After 3 Wins and 3 draws in pre season confidence was up and we were ready for the trip to wolves on the opening day of the season....

Vs Wolves
Krul, Santon, Coloccini, Tomkins, Bridge, Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba, Ameobi
subs: Harper, S.Taylor, Gosling, Lovenkrands, Best, Smith, Obertan
Wolves 3 doyle(2), Ebanks-Blake
Newcastle 2 Tiote, Ameobi

heartbreaker of a 93rd min penalty, dissapointing after a solid display.

August... and a little september

so after the disapointmnt of the opening day i looked at my fixture list knowing my next 3 league games were man utd, arsenal and liverpool,

soo it was man utd in the 1st home game of the season, early kick off and on tv.
after playing well for 70 minutes, wayne rooney turned up and i was beaten 3-1

midweek and it was the league cup 2nd round, at home to torquay,
i made a few changes but still ran out comfortable winners 3-0, with a brace from jonas.

Next up it was the time for the trip to arsenal.
After playing well and leading for a hour, arsenal's quality began to show and they nicked the 3 points 3 minutes from time with a goal from chamakh.

so came transfer deadline day, after sending another couple of youth players out on loan, i scanned the market late in the night, at half 11 younes Kaboul became available and i completes the signing for 4 million at quater to 12 that evening,

i handed a debut straight away in the home game to liverpool,
after falling behind early we showed some fighting spirit and the in form shola ameobi grabbing the equaliser to give me my 1st point of the season.

so at this currant update, the league position is...
19th place won 0 drew 1 lost 3 for 5 against 9 points 1

next update...

So After A struggling 1st month, i'd have brighter thoughts goin into the next few games after a tough start.

I ran into a blackburn side on top form and also 2nd in the league,
i had to freshen things up,

so a new formation and a few new faces,

Blackburn 0
Newcastle 1
Marveaux

much needed win and huge push upto 16th in the league, but huge injury to demba ba (4 months), and ryan taylor(3 weeks)
and the next league game?? chelsea.
But first,

League Cup against west brom, at home.

Newcastle 3 Coloccini (3)
West Brom 1 Santon o.g

Yes. Thats right!

Newcastle 0
Chelsea 3
drogba (3)

Outplayed,
And to go with it, cabaye injured for 3months, and tiote suspended.
Depleated.

Villa 2 ireland, nzogbia
Newcastle 0

Poor performance with a depleted side,
is it january yet?

Mega Update,

To summarise, This has been a huge struggle.
View attachment 206254

As you can see, only 3 league wins in 14. and some of the media have called for my head, which is understandable although last time out a win at home to everton hopefully have gave me some more time.

View attachment 206253
Currant League table.

So as december came to a end and january began, we were confident to turn the season around and sit safe in mid table.
we started with a impressive 3-0 win over qpr.

View attachment 206285
View attachment 206286
then a hard fought point at wigan,

and finally a good win against wolves

View attachment 206287
which left us in a good position, with the f.a cup coming up.

View attachment 206288

We lost 2-0 to fulham in the fa cup with dembele haunting us again.

next 4 games, man utd, arsenal, liverpool and chelsea,

Status
Not open for further replies.