Trequartista

• Thread starter Thread starter Prime Time
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4K

Prime Time

Reaction score
I am trying to create a 4-2-3-1 tactic with a trequartista in the AMC position. (This might change to a 4-2-2-2 with the treq as a striker) I have never used a treq before and i can't decide what roles to make my AMR and AML. I will be focussing passing through the middle as I have read somewhere it's the way to go with a treq. What are the best roles for the wingers so they don't get excluded from play? Thx!

I'd think inside forwards, but wingers could work just as well...

I am trying to create a 4-2-3-1 tactic with a trequartista in the AMC position. (This might change to a 4-2-2-2 with the treq as a striker) I have never used a treq before and i can't decide what roles to make my AMR and AML. I will be focussing passing through the middle as I have read somewhere it's the way to go with a treq. What are the best roles for the wingers so they don't get excluded from play? Thx!

You're looking at inside forwards and wingers to partner him, make sure the treq is set as the playmaker. I would go with inside forward/attack winger/attack. or 2 inside forward if you have the players and on a wide pitch. You dont want the treq crowed so dont play box to box mids behind him. central mid/bwm defend, and a dlp/cm/ap support. neither mc should have gets forward often as a PPM

It depends how your striker is set up, for example, if he's a target man, you could have wingers supplying crosses to him. Another factor is what players you have to fit the roles, if you have wide men with good long shots and finishing, you might want them as inside forwards cutting inside and having long shots, whereas if they have good crossing and pace, the winger role is much more suited to them.

You also want to take your full backs in consideration, if one of them is particularly good at attacking you might want to set him as Wing back - attack and your winger Inside forward - support/attack. If you do this then when your inside forward cuts inside, he will drag the full back with him and your wing back will attack with him by running down the wing, this will 'overload' the full back and put him in two minds, if he went with the inside forward then he will leave the wing back who can whip across in (also good if you have the target man earlier) and if he goes with the full back, then the inside forward is free to take a shot at goal.

An approach i have been thinking of is putting both your AMR and AML as wingers hugging the touchline, as Barcelona have been doing recently with Cuenca and Pedro, this will make the opposition defence play wider as the have to keep close to your wingers, giving your trequartista more room to apply his creativity and make a through ball.

One more thing, if you have your pitch set as narrow or minimum, having wingers as your AML and AMR won't be as good as inside forwards because wide players struggle to make an impact on a narrow pitch, also your trequartista won't be as effective because he won't have as much room than if you had a bigger pitch.

Sorry for the long post but there's just a lot of factors which affect how you set up your AMR and AML and i'd just try and cover the main ones.

Thx for the reply's. Going to try out a couple different things as suggested. My two center mids will most likely be DLP/BWM.

Back