Trialists

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2K

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
As many of you may know, one of the features on FM is the Trials within the transfer system, there is also loan, transfer and enquiry.

I am just wondering if anybody uses the Trial feature and has it been effective for you, I never got round to it myself and I might try it soon. Has anyone had any success using it?

Thanks Jack

yes.

its very useful if your scouting network is restricted, either through financial restraints or having poor scouts.

as soon as the player arrives on trial you can see all of his stats which is easier than waiting for a scout report that may be ****/incomplete.

also if a player agrees to a trial then theres usually a good chance they will accept a contract, if they refuse a trial then you dont have much chance of getting them on a permenant deal.

Even with few restrictions, a good budget and clever scouts, I still find it excellent. Sol Campbell has been a rock in defence for as CEltic and is now even my vice-captain, after impressing while on trial. ;) :)

i dont tend to use the trial feature to try out players in a trial match, as i find friendly games never reflect your actual competitive season, ie horrendous players often do quite well pre-season for me, but then perform like the lemons they are in the league.

i use the trial just to get an idea of their stats if i cant see them already and occasioanlly to see if a move would interest them.

I try it sometimes to see if any known freee agents fit into my team setup

Only tried it once. I can see that it is useful as you know all the players statistics and you can see some first hand performances.

I'm with JDM. I usually play smaller clubs, and I can't always scout the entire world. For people (like Brazilians and Argentinians) who I can't scout, I'll offer them a trial instead so I can see their stats and personality.

I don't usually sign those on trial as most turn out to be lower quality than I thought. But I have signed a few people over a few saves with it.

my thoughts exactly montanaro.

i would say maybe 4-5 out of the 30-40 trialists i look at will be of a calibre to improve my side. and even then they may not all join my team, some will refuse contracts and go elsewhere....

very useful nonetheless, and cheap, dont know if this is an exact fact but i think sending scouts all over the world costs money? not sure how this shows up on your finances page though.

Last edited:
Back