Trouble with Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

i really need help with the graphics part of the game.

i was having trouble with the skins to begin with, although figured that puzzle out.
now i am attempting to load graphics to my game, with faces, logos and kits.

i have tried again, again and again!!!

followed various sites, although have always looked back to fm-base as it was where i cracked the skins problem.

as a windows user previously i was able to master the graphics.

but for some reason, even though i love the macbook, one of the most important things on my laptop "football manager" probably the most common thing i use. the graphics wont work.

i have used the unarchiver programme and extracted the files into the graphics folder. And have made sure the config.xml file is where it should be.

iv also made sure i untick skin cache and tick always reload skin.

please please please someone tell me where im going wrong!

would be appreciated,

cheers ;)

Hi, I don't know anything about Macs but I will try and help you....

On the FM 2009 preferences where does it say your user data folder is located?

View attachment 2610

ok, i copied it from the game and its.

/Users/Matt/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

OK, well then you should be putting all your downloaded skins, facepacks etc.. into...

/Users/Matt/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/graphics/

that is where i put my graphics, and i sub divide them into faces, kits and logos.

although that screen shot you showed me shoudnt change should it.

after reading your reply, i did change that and extended it to graphics, and it still didnt work.

i just cant figure out, from following all instructions and guides that this wont work on my game!!

Hmm Mac's might be a bit different then. Try having a look on the official Sports Interactive forums for a solution.

Unless you have just forgotten to untick skin cache.

Last edited:
ok i will definatley have a look around the official forums.

and no iv made sure its unticked everytime. even when its unticked i tick it to untick it again just to make sure.

its a mystery.

im sure theres some way of doing it. if i find out i will let you know.

thanks for your help ;)

Thanks very much this worked really well :)

i know have the skins working.

do you think that this will work the same with the graphics?

I had a similar problem trying to load the skins...but when I did my game lost all reliability. Where can I find a guide to doing it step by step is there one on this site Sean?

I had a similar problem trying to load the skins...but when I did my game lost all reliability. Where can I find a guide to doing it step by step is there one on this site Sean?

i found the skins hard to master, with macs its completley different which annoys me.

and yes there are guides on this site, if you look on the right hand side of the site once you have gone on forums it says "Guide: install skins" although with macs there are complications on some systems anyway.

like mine for example!!

After all this time i havent been able to get my graphics to work.

Although not long ago my hard drive crashed on my mac, leaving me with nothing. i lost a leeds united which was one of my best fm's to date. gutted !

although i was able to reinstall fm 09 as obviously new hard drive

where i tried the graphics again and they worked!!!

therefore if anyone is stuck with graphics. my advice would be to save their games tactics and whatever else they would like to keep for fm in a seperate folder on their computer and reinstall the game and go from their, and follow the helpful guides that are on fm base.

it worked for me, it could for you ;)

please fm fan :) :):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.