jamie045

Reaction score
Hey guys, as I'm quiet an inexperienced FM player as this is the first FM I've played for longer than a season I seem to get a tactic that works for the most part say ill play man city and win 2 - 1 and then play hull and loose 2 - 1. Can I have a little advice on how to troubleshoot problems and what I should be looking for. I do understand there's no sure fire way to get a plug and play tactic. If this too brief im sorry as im posting on my break at work. Thank you in advance.

I would try watching the full duration of a few games. Maybe even just watch the radar. You can usually get an idea where flaws/weak points will be.

You can also use the scouting reports on your next match. Usually has some good info if they like to use the long ball (If so, drop the DL deeper and remove offside trap) etc.

I still stink at making my own tactics, but using others I've learned to tweak to meet needs.

Sounds like i should be watching the game more rather than having an educated guess. Also i forget to look at the scouting reports im going to give them a close look

Do you think irl teams go about facing the man shittys of this world the same as the hulls?! And what do you think would happen irl if say Brendan Rodgers forgets to look at scout reports or plays sudoku when he should be watching matches?!

other than this I can't help you without more information as to tactics what you do etc.

The general issue is that a team like Man City will be fairly attacking (as they usually are) so there will be gaps to exploit if you're good and/or quick enough.

A team like Hull will be defensive and compact. There will be lots of space in front of their players, but not much else. You'd need good movement and a more patient tactic to break them down.

I always forget to look at the scout report in depth. Is there any particular way you break down how to set your team up or is it just try and counter where there scoring from and exploit where the conceding?