Tutoring - how long?

• Thread starter Thread starter cruxify
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6K

cruxify

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread about this yet so sorry if there is one but roughly how long should I tutor players for? I'm most interested in improving Verratti and I have Montolivo tutoring him for the second time. Is it possible that both players can eventually get upset if I ask Verratti to be tutored too much? I just want to know generally how long I should tutor youngster for.

Thanks.

I don't think players get upset if you tutor them too much, unless they didn't want to be tutored in the first place

I always thought it depended on the option you chose for the tutoring. For example, if you chose the option which says "You see Montolivo as an ideal role model for Veratti" then it will take longer because the youngster will try and become exactly like the tutor. But the other 2 options for tutoring will take less time.

I always thought it depended on the option you chose for the tutoring. For example, if you chose the option which says "You see Montolivo as an ideal role model for Veratti" then it will take longer because the youngster will try and become exactly like the tutor. But the other 2 options for tutoring will take less time.

As far as I know the options have no influence over how long the tutoring takes or what they learn when being tutored. It just influences the players reactions to the proposal.

As far as I know the options have no influence over how long the tutoring takes or what they learn when being tutored. It just influences the players reactions to the proposal.

Really?

Why have the separate options then? I've never experienced different reactions because of it.

I just assumed that if you wanted a youngster to view another player as a role model he would try and adapt his entire game and personality to be like that person.

The tutor is a guide to the tutee. he(tutee) doesnt train to become exactly like the tutor, just to folow his advice and some tips and tricks like that.

For example, i always let ronaldinho tutor Veratti, its highly unlikely that veratti will become anything like the samba king. same with inzaghi/huntelaar with pato or Nesta with albertrazzi.

The different options are probably to explain how high the degree of impact you want to make perhaps. Same as when you want to show interest in signing a player, you have interest in signing, look into possibility of signing and doing your utmost to sign a player.

1st option is personality/mentality and PPM - role model

2nd is mentality- benefit from approach

3rd is PPM - learn from

1st option is personality/mentality and PPM - role model

2nd is mentality- benefit from approach

3rd is PPM - learn from

Bad Moderator. :)

Player Tutoring

I don’t know where this one came from. But it is a myth that has spawned from guide to guide, from forum to forum. Many people have believed that when tutoring players you could pick and choose what the player would teach the youngster, be that mental attributes, player preferred moves (PPM) or both. Something like the following:

* State that the older player is an ideal role model for the younger player – PPM’s
* Say that the younger player could benefit from adopting the older player’s approach to the game – Mental Attributes
* Tell the youngster that he can learn from the more senior player – Both

The actuality is that you should base your selection on the role of the tutor in your squad and the perception you want to give to the media about him. This will affect the ego of the tutor and could have certain affects in terms of psychology.

The official word comes as:

“The short answer is that all three options have the same outcome [...]. The difference between the three options is how the tutor will react to the request. For example, if you use the middle option with a tutor who sees themselves as a key player then they might react badly as you are undermining his role (as the tutor thinks he’ll be that player’s ideal role model).” – John Schofield (SI Games)

What the player learns, will depend on the relationship and mental attributes of each player. The more they get on, the better their determination and work rate of both players the more each player will take out of the tutoring.

Source: FM Pundit

– John Schofield (SI Games)

lol what are the odds of that name....

And tutoring imo doesnt play as big of a part as training. i dont use the "ideal role model" unless the player has the future tutor as a favoured personal or something like that.

lol my bad... ive been under that impression for years, this may explain a lot now....

Yeah I've been under that same impression too.

Anyway cheers for the answers. I think I'll just tutor him for about another year then stop.

Back