Twente playing in freezing cold, should this be allowed???

Its not the players we should be feeling sorry for! The fans :O

It was -5 in the Blues v Villa Carling Cup Quarter Final, and despite jumping around and singing for the entire game i was freezing my **** OFF!!

The players get to run around... that is a blessing in disguise

def ruins the game a bit. but for me its always been great as my team is rosenborg and whenever theyre in CL the cold temperature on their homegames always ruins it for the opponents:)

Well, if the pitch is in good enough condition, and the two managers are happy to play, then play.

Just to correct, a Super Bowl has never been played in Green Bay. An NFL Championship game was, back when there was still two leagues: NFL and AFL, who subsequently met in a playoff game of sorts. The Packers beat the Cowboys in The Icebowl and then played (I believe) the Chiefs in the NFL/AFL matchup, before it was called the Super Bowl.

Still **** cold.

It's an artificial pitch, it's nearly always going to be in good condition. Anyone know why the game was played in the Luzhniki stadium though?

Basically what pistolped7 said.

I think the coldest I've ever played in was -11C or something and it nearly killed me.
The players who played tonight are brave as anything, I dare say.

Last edited:
Just to correct, a Super Bowl has never been played in Green Bay. An NFL Championship game was, back when there was still two leagues: NFL and AFL, who subsequently met in a playoff game of sorts. The Packers beat the Cowboys in The Icebowl and then played (I believe) the Chiefs in the NFL/AFL matchup, before it was called the Super Bowl.

Still **** cold.

dammit your right, it was a championship game. Christ I'm slippin in me old age

It's an artificial pitch, it's nearly always going to be in good condition. Anyone know why the game was played in the Luzhniki stadium though?

Oh, yeah, forgot the Luzhniki had an artificial field, that must be why they picked it because the Russian season is over because they play through the summer, so I'm guessing playing on artificial turf means the game could actually go ahead, seeing as Rubin's pitch is probs frozen to bits. :S

dammit your right, it was a championship game. Christ I'm slippin in me old age

My trivial mind is still good for some things, like remembering that kind of ****.

I used to live in the Midwest, football's a fall sport in high schools here so you'd end up playing games pretty late on in the year. I remember the helmetball kids whinging on about playing in the cold and thinking, You've got twenty layers of **** on. I have two layers of polyester. Get over it!

Rubin is even colder than Moskva. It's in the middle of ******* Siberia, 50 years ago Rubin's stadium would make one **** of a Gulag.

On Topic: Cold gives an advantage (It was not reflect on the result today that's for sure) to whoever is more used to it (One would guess the home side). Same with countries like Bolivia or Ecuador, where you play at over 3.5 km over sea level. As long as it doesn't endanger the players' health, I think it's fine. It could be included in the "home advantage" concept :p

Yeah well I was playin FM and the temperature dropped to -15, think how I felt ;)

Rubin is even colder than Moskva. It's in the middle of ******* Siberia, 50 years ago Rubin's stadium would make one **** of a Gulag.

On Topic: Cold gives an advantage (It was not reflect on the result today that's for sure) to whoever is more used to it (One would guess the home side). Same with countries like Bolivia or Ecuador, where you play at over 3.5 km over sea level. As long as it doesn't endanger the players' health, I think it's fine. It could be included in the "home advantage" concept :p

Hence why Bolivia have had freak wins like beating the Argies 5 or 6-1 in La Paz.

you sir , are a ***** , does the cold hurt , no , modern footballers are to ***** end of.

Cold doesn't hurt?

I disagree, try getting me out of bed to play sunday-football when its -14 and wear no thermals or underarmour. No chance.