Two players on opposite flanks having different roles

Reaction score
Hi,

Before I start, I know I've been posting a lot (maybe too many) questions, but I've found this forum really good and helpful.

Now in my Chelsea save I have Oscar and Hazard as AMR and AML. And I would like Hazard to be a winger and Oscar to be an advanced playmaker. Is this common/ok to do, because they have the same position but on opposite flanks, and normally they would have the same role. So will making them have different roles maybe provide and unbalance in my play?

It is ok to do, if fact i would probably recommend doing that. Having 2 or more players doing the same role will make your play predicable, something you don't want to do! :D What i would suggest is change hazard's wide play from 'normal' if winger is support and 'hug touchline' if winger is attack; to 'move into channels'. Hazard isn't really a out and out winger so to use his good of the ball movement i would have him moving into channels. With Oscar i think if my memory serves me correct will naturally cut inside if given the role of Advanced playmaker, that would be ok as well for the reason stated above.
Hope that helps
fmlittlegeorge

I was thinking of playing Hazard as an inside forward, because I play him on the left flank so yeah :)

Back