U19 Starting XI

• Thread starter Thread starter kbensel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2K

kbensel

Reaction score
Is there a way in FM13 to control which players start for my club's U19 side? I am running Bayern Munich and I was unable to find a way to do so, and I am not satisfied with the selections which are currently being made (yes, I know there are restrictions about how many non-German players can be in the starting XI).

When I look under Staff Responsibilities for the U19s, I am unable to change who is in charge (it's currently Marc Kienle, my U19s Head Coach):

View attachment 302338

So as an experiment, I sacked Kienle and declined to name a replacement when given the option. When the next U19 match came around, one of the other U19 coaches was in charge. I haven't tried firing all my U19 staff, but I wonder if that would be sufficient (obviously that would have other downsides).

I heard a rumor that in previous versions (FM12 was my first version) there was a way to either set lineups or request/suggest to the U19 manager who should be given more time, but I haven't been able to find an option like that in FM13.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was looking for the 'use same tactics as first team' option when it comes to reserves but can't find it now! Used to be on one of the options screens but like you I can't find it now! Says I have to manage the reserve team myself which I can't be bothered with, it's a pain!

I have the team set to use my first team tactics, but that doesn't ensure that the guys I want to get playing time will.

It will be crazy if I have to fire my U19s manager and 3 U19 coaches and U19 GK coach to be able to run the squad.

Hmm... It just occurred to me that I may have been able to set myself as being in charge of the U19 squad after I sacked the U19 manager. I forgot to look at that option. That might be the solution, although it would require me to manage the squad completely, which I (like marksandygill) don't really want to do.

EDIT: Yes, sacking (or promoting) my U19 manager allows me to take over, which gives me control of who plays in matches. It also brings other responsibilities, but it seems I've solved my problem of not being able to control or influence who plays for my U19 squad.

Last edited:
Back