UEFA Champions League (1999-2003), Europa League (2 Group Phases) & Super Cup

Carlito1085

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I made a 2 group phase Champions League with the UEFA Cup back in FM2012 and had to revamp it for 2014 as it stopped working. Anyways using the advanced editor I found I had to make a lot of changes, but it also helped me a lot in terms of creating the qualifying rounds and the seeding. A lot of aspects may need tweaked here and there, such as payouts, TV dates, and also getting match days to take place on both Tuesdays and Wednesdays (I had no idea how to do this properly). Also I'm not sure if you can prompt a squad registration for the competitions but it turns out you may have to register a squad for each match in this.

There are no Champions League drop-outs into the Europa League, and the cup winners no longer get a spot in the competition - that has gone back to 6th place in the league (Nations 1-4 and 5th place for 5-7 and so on). I never planned to give the Europa League 2 group phases but I ended up having to duplicate the Champions League in order to get it working. Took ages to perfect.

Anyway here's the formats:

UEFA Champions League

- 1st Qualifying Round (32 teams)
- 2nd Qualifying Round (32 teams)
- 3rd Qualifying Round (32 teams - 3rd/4th placed teams enter)
- 1st Phase Group Stage (32 teams - 16 league winners/runners up enter at this stage)
- 2nd Phase Group Stage (16 teams)
- Quarter Finals
- Semi Finals
- Final

UEFA Europa League

- 1st Qualifying Round (16 teams)
- 2nd Qualifying Round (16 teams)
- 3rd Qualifying Round (64 teams - 5th/6th placed teams enter at this stage)
- 1st Phase Group Stage (32 teams)
- 2nd Phase Group Stage (16 teams)
- Quarter Finals
- Semi Finals
- Final

UEFA Super Cup

- Winner of Champions League VS Winner of Europa League

Hope everyone enjoys this for what it is, and if there are any problems, or if anyone can iron out some of the inaccuracies then be sure to let me know.

Last edited: