Ukranian Takeover ... The story of Shakthar Donetsk

fmlegend83

Reaction score
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6Cqf2mydtWEYcm2H7Ugj3PRKeJ7_KF1fciF4K367vp60rZ7v9 Breaking News: Early this morning there was a gathering outside of Donbas-Arena as Rinat Akhmetov released a shocking statement: Rinat Akhmetov:"It is with great sadness that we are gathered here this morning and im having to share this news with you. Early this morning Mircea Lucescu had a massive heartattack at his home. He was later rushed to Donetsk Regional Trauma Hospital where he is said to be recovering from surgery in ICU. Doctors have advised him to retire from coaching in order to prolong his life and well being. As of now we will set out to find the next manager for this club. This is of paramount importance going forward as we look to take the next step in Europe and domestically. Thank you for your time this morning and we wish Mircea as full and speedy recovery" (outside the Donbas-Arena the next evening) Rinat Akhmetov:"Thank you all for joining us again this evening. After several hours and careful consideration we have came up with a hanful of candidates that we think can take this club to the next level. Bernd Schuster, Georgio Manzano and a few other candidates are the current targets. We will call a press conference once we have come to terms with the manager of choice. Thank you for your time this evening. Good night" Mircea Lucescu(released a statement from hospital)"I would like to take this time to thank the wonderful fans of Shakhtar and the board of Shakhtar for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime. I am doing well, however it is with great sadness that I will have to retire and leave the game I have loved since I was a boy in Romania. I do wish my replacement the best going forward. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes" http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSezus_9_aO2pIFWcudxMpifzr81XSsnYRE6QSyBUhnHiQCqdrc Press conference at Donbas-Arena: Rinat Akhmetov:"It is with great pleasure to announce that we have come to terms with a very talented and young American manager, Mr. Jeremiah Walsh. Please use this time to ask him any question, and please, one at a time. Thank you" Bohdan Kobin (Donetsk Sports Journal)"Hi, Jeremiah, welcome to the Ukraine. As Mr. Akhmetov has stated. You are very young and have virtually no experience at this level. How intimidated are you about being here and being the new man in charge of such a prestigeous club?" Jeremiah Walsh:"Thanks for the question Bohdan. I wouldn't say im very nervous at all. I am actually looking forward to the challenge and I can't wait to get things started here at Shakhtar" Andriy Shutkov (Sport Klub)"Jeremiah, as an English speaking manager, how hard will you find it to get on with the players and staff?" Jeremiah Walsh:"Hey Andriy, thanks for the question. I will need to get in my books and will certainly need some help with learning the language but we have a fantastic staff who will be a huge help to me moving forward" Oleksandr Zubov (Sentanta Sports)"Hi, Jeremiah. Could you give us an indication of what your philosophy is when it comes to formations and style of play as this is your first attempt at management. We would like to know what to expect" Jeremiah Walsh:"Oleksandr, im afraid you will have to wait like everyone else until we take the pitch for the first time. Football is in my mind only about winning and losing. I may even have to change my style of play for the squad we settle with, with injuries and with giving players a rest here and there. Thanks for the questions though. At this point I would like to thank you guys for coming out and again for the questions. Have a good day.http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKnOe5- (late that evening at home)"Wow, what a day. Excited about tomorrow, cant wait. I probably will not sleep a wink. I sure hope im wrong about that. I wonder why the chairman has choosen me for this position, I have **** near no experience managing professionaly much less at this level. Am I the right guy for the job? Time will tell I guess. Big day tomorrow as I meet the staff and players, can't wait. Im loving it here in the Ukraine so far. Life can't be much better right now"