ULTIMATE FORMATION - ! (Mabbz)

• Thread starter Thread starter mabbutt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 3K

mabbutt

Reaction score
HI there! if like me you have started many new games recently played a few then end up quiting when your team is just not playing how you want them to then look no further. These tips apply to the formation i have started using with millwall who are predicted relegation. I have done lots of research and instead of copying mine or someone else's theres a way how to do your own. Step one choose a team carfeully, i always prefer to start off league 1 or championship so you have to work your way up more and by the time your in the prem you should have your tactis sorted. Step 2 think of how you want to play , if you like stoke - defensive and long balls then thats fine, i have managed to get millwall who are a defensive team confortable with what i can only call is a brazil 4-1-2-2-2 !
THE KEY - once your positions are sorted then ive found that player instructions are the most vital thing. i have the 2 central defenders totally defensive with no creative freedom and the full back very attacking with the run with ball and run from deep ticked... every player has each option ticked so dont just rely on ticking just those two, they also have short passing etc so just experiment. my DM is totally defensive to but ticked forward runs often with the 2 CM as a DLP who i ultra defensive again short passing etc a CM set as (Automatic) 2 Inside forwards and a defensive forward, this is the part iv noticed really pays off... My DF is Henderson i set his attacking to half way so he drops even deaper but chased the defenders in position, wheres as one inside forwad very attacking so henderson drags defenders out of position whilst the inside forward makes the run. all players are man marking but the 2 inside forwards zonal.... the full backs n CM's press very high/ close down, high defensive line , narrow , slow, and play through the middle with counter attack... i never realised how affective counter attack was even when not using the strategy 'counter'! i use Control with very fluid. just make sure to tick every player with defenive match preperation and let me know how you go, heres my first game in charge just against reserves but seeing the full backs dominate and my strikers having more chances than iv ever known is awesome to watch.
I hope you take my advice but use it in your own way as it is way more forfilling when you achieve a championship you have won on your own :D ALSO A NEW KEY POINT IS AFTER I WENT ON A POOR RUN I FIDDLED AROUND AND SET ALL MY PLAYERS TO LITTLE CREATIVE FREEDOM AND IF YOU TAKE A LOOK AT MY PICS U WILL SEE HOW MY RESULTS ARE NOW MORE CONSISTANT, I HAVE WON MY LAST 5 OUT OF 6.!

View attachment 221769 View attachment 223527 View attachment 223528

Last edited:
Back