Unemployed to Barcelona...possible?

• Thread starter Thread starter jpflfc96
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1K

jpflfc96

Reaction score
Josh Feehily is the new and one of the most promising young managers in the country. A former coach of Chelsea has now turned his sights to managing. He is said to be looking at trying to find a job ASAP and said that he doesn't mind where he ends up, as long as he's managing a football team. This is what Roman Abramovich had to say about him.

"He was a great coach and was influential when we won the Premier League 2 years on the bounce. I think he'll make a great manager and the team that hires him will be very lucky, and if he is as successful with them as he was with us, then we might find us playing them in a few years!! I wish him all the best for the future and the door is always open or a return, maybe as manager!!"

What sort of job will I get, will I manage Barcelona, or be a total flop, who knows?

I look on the football vacancy page and see that Hereford (League 2) do not have a manager so I applied for the post. Just got to wait for a response from the chairman.

(There will be screenshots of new signings, match results etc. when I take control of a club)

Feehily fails with Hereford application
Saturday 9 July 2011

Sky Sports understands that unproven manager Josh Feehily has failed in his quest to become the next Hereford United boss as the club appointed Kevin Dillon as boss. This is what the Hereford chairman had to say: "We would like to thank Josh [Feehily] for applying for the post but we felt he didn't have enough expereience to take the club forward. We wish him all the best for the future and we are happy at the appointment of Kevin Dillon." Josh Feehily was unavailable to comment on the news.

View attachment 238387
Portsmouth sack Michael Appleton

There was shock around Fratton Park earlier when Portsmouth sacked manager Michael Appleton following a recent takeover. Even more surprising news is that Josh Feehily has applied for the job, eventhough he is considered to have an outisde chance of View attachment 238392getting the job. The one thing that is in Josh Feehily's favour, is that the board do not want to pay their next manager too much money and Josh Feehily has said that money is not an issue.

"Money doesn't drive me. I just want to get into football management. I would accept a job that paid me £90 per week or one that didn't pay me anything. I respect Portsmouth's financial situation and wouldn't want to make it worse by demanding a huge salary. If I were to be appointed I think I could bring the Premier League back to Fratton Park and create financial stability, so on that basis, I can confirm I have applied to take control of Portsmouth."

The fans have said that the club need to appoint someone who isn't greedy and somebody who has the clubs best interests at heart. Josh Feehily seems to fit the bill perfectly.

View attachment 238416
Portsmouth hire Whittingham as manager

Portsmouth have hired Guy Whittingham as their new manager after the recent departure of Michael Appleton. Josh Feehily was also interviewed with the post, but lost out [to Whittingham] as they promoted him from a coaching role. This is what Whittingham had to say:

"I'm thrilled and chuffed to bits and quite honestly: shocked. Me and Josh were interviewed on the same day and I kind of feel sorry for him, I had a job, he didn't, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. The job'll be tough and it's a monumental task just
View attachment 238418to keep them in the Championship, but one I would like to foresee. If we do want to stay in the Championship, funds will have to be raised as we can't keep relying on loan or old players. I feel we can stay up but the strength of the squad is worrying and that'll be one of my first tasks, sign someone!"

Josh Feehily has said he wasn't too disappointed in not getting the job, as he never expected to get it anyway.

"I'm feeling okay. It was something that I never expected to see a good result from and I'm very happy for Guy. If I wasn't taken on board by Hereford then I didn't expect to be hired by Portsmouth. It would have been a tough task and I really hope Guy
succeeds as he's a nice Guy, see what I did there?"

Last edited:
Droylsden hire Feehily as new boss

Droylsden were quick to hire a new boss and have named Josh Feehily as their new manager. It is only on a 1 year deal but Feehily is said to be happy:

"It's a great feeling, managing your first club and I want to keep Droylsden in the Blue Square Bet North division. I feel I can and loan signings from big clubs could be possible, and maybe my links with Chelsea could help. I would have liked a longer contract but it puts more pressure on me to succeed and I thrive under pressure."

Droylsden fans are said to be happy that a new manager was found so quick and are also confident in Feehily's abilities. Feehily has had to wait until mid-October to bag his first managerial role, but it's one he has to savour.

First Feehily press conference

You are the new manager of Droylsden and it's your first managerial role. How do you feel?

I am really happy. I have dreamt of the moment of managing my first club for months now and it's finally come true. It is the best feeling.

Do you know which players you want to keep and sell, or will everyone get a chance?

Every player will get a chance and I will not make any rash decisions on who leaves. I will save that for the January transfer window. We're in October, so there are 2 and a half months for the players to prove their ability to me.

Do you intend to be fully involved or take a back seat in the running of the club?

Why would I take a back seat? I am hear as the manager, I have to manage so that is what I will do, not let someone else do it. If I were to take a back seat then I would have been a coach. I also want the players to know I am always hear for them, and my office door is always open.

Finally Josh, which competition is going to be the focus this season?

All competitions need to be treated with the utmost respect. A trophy would be very nice in my first season but that is not a target. My target is to get Droylsden near the play-offs by next Christmas. If we do better than that then it is a bonus, so the league is probably the most important thing, but that doesn't mean we'll be slacking off in cup competitions.

Thanks Josh, good luck with Droylsden!

Thank you very much!

Droylsden thrashed at home in first game in charge for Feehily

Josh Feehily's career at Droylsden did not get off to the best of starts as they were beaten 4-2 by Stocksbridge in the FA Cup 3rd Qual. round, thanks to a hat-trick from Andy Prescott.

Nathan Fox, the left back, conceded the first penalty inside the first ten minutes and the resulting spot kick was smashed into the top left corner by Prescott. Yet another penalty was conceded by Droylsden thanks to a foul from experienced midfielder Paul Walker, and Prescott put the penalty in exactly the same place to double Stockbridge's lead. Luck was changing for Droylsden when they got a penalty, and Walker redeemed himself, smashing his penalty in off the bar. But just before half-time, Stocksbridge had their two goal lead back through Beck.

It looked like it would be 4-1 just 8 minutes into the second half, but Prescott saw the fourth penalty of the game smash off the bar. He did grab his hat-trick 13 minutes later, with a cooly placed finish from 10 yards. The game was known more for its yellow cards, with a total of 11 bein shown.

The game went flat, but Droylsden grabbed a goal after 87 minutes when Nat Kerr headed home from a corner. With Droylsden out of th cup, they could focus on the league. And with three possible signings coming in the future, perfromances like that should be kept to a minimum.

Man of the match: Andy prescott (Stocksbridge)

Back