Unemployment - The journey begins

Reaction score
SEASON 1 (DECEMBER-JUNE 2020/2021)

Sunday league player and former first team coach Matt Tunkelo-Bonner recently got himself into management after taking on a job at FREM (3rd division in Denmark) during December.
His task is to try bravely to avoid relegation. Matt takes over as Frem manager with Frem sitting in 9th on 17 points. The bottom 7 get relegated!

The league was on a winter break until February. Working with a limited budget Matt brought in the following players on loan
Charles Clayden
Jordan Fankwe

Andreas Pisani
Christian Vastergaard
Since the restart of the season we have managed to gain a massive 20 points, taking us outside the relegation places with 3 games remaining. Next up we have a crunching 6 pointer against SFB-Oure who sit 8th on 33 points. I will be looking for a reaction from my squad after we lost our first game of the season since I took over away to the league leaders. I recently extended my part time contract by one year so will be also building a team for next season.

Frem are currently sitting 5th in the league with a 3 point margin between them and the relegation zone with three games remaining.

I decided to use a 4-4-1-1 formation and try to get the best of the Mathias Thrane (Highest player in terms of attributes) and to get Charles Clayden (Decent Finnishing/Comp/Finishing) in behind as the defences in the 3rd Danish are not the quickest or have the most intelligence.
Football Manager Screenshot 2020.12.05 - 20.51.48.32.png
Football Manager Screenshot 2020.12.05 - 20.46.50.86.png
Football Manager Screenshot 2020.12.05 - 20.46.59.79.png

We did it! It went down to the final day of the season. We needed a point to stay up and we got just that against 2nd place Thisted! our last three games ended (WDD) We Finished the season 5th overall and now preparation for next season is underway.
Transfer budget is 3k and wage cap is 3k pw we are currently £380 over that limit but with 8 out of contract players leaving we will have room to work with that slightly. This will be a tough season again next year and I have to rebuild correctly otherwise we could well be in trouble!. The board expect me to manage a top half Finnish during the initial stage of the competition so my recruitment is going to have to be spot on!
Football Manager Screenshot 2020.12.06 - 01.09.52.22 (2).png
Football Manager Screenshot 2020.12.06 - 01.08.14.98.png

Last edited: