Unemployment | The Rise to Greatness?

TicTactition

Reaction score
unemployment_looking_for_job_via_shutterstock-1513983454-3390.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm returning for 2020 after a few years of not writing stories on the site (Used to be a regular story-writer). Life got in the way and along with work commitments I haven't had the time but with a little spare time on my hands now I'll be enjoying Football Manager with a journey that hopefully you enjoy half as much as me.

-----

Here starts my journey of Football Manager 2020 in which I will be aiming to make it from literally the depths of the lower leagues in whatever Country/Region I can gain a managerial position in.
I don't really have a strategy to the save other than to enjoy it and keep it as realistic as possible. I'll probably end up starting in the UK as I feel more at home and with it being my first job I'll be learning the ropes and getting to grips with starting out in management. I would like to go abroad at some point in this save as not many English managers have plied their trade abroad and I believe it will open up my scope to players and other coaching techniques. Also I would like to think that I will be successful with my teams and stay there for a long period of a time but if a bigger job offers itself to me I would like to accept it as I feel like this is realistic as possible to better my own career rather than fall in love for a club (But anything can happen).

------

Managestats.png

What type of manager am I?

Obviously I would like my teams to play in a certain way but starting out I think I will be limited as you have players of a certain quality available and as I'll probably end up at a part-time club first you will be limited as you won't have certain staff at your disposal and training doesn't happen every day. My own style I like to play fast-paced football with very good technical players in the middle of the pitch and with a lot of pace in the wide areas I would describe it as "dynamic". Obviously it all depends on the club and the players at your disposal so if I have to find a short-term winning formula I will. As you can see I am focused more towards the attacking side of the game as opposed to anything else, call me a little different but I'd happily take the 6-5 result over the 1-0 as it's just in the DNA of me.

-----

I hope you take the time to enjoy my story with me and hopefully we will make it a successful one.

l
job.png

No later than a few months after applying around I find myself at Concord Rangers in the Vanarama South league who are in a need of a complete rebuild by the looks of things.

-----

table.png

form.png

Rock bottom and from is pretty much non-existent. It looks like I have a huge job on my hands here, the players all look shot of confidence. It will be my job to pick them up and shore us up defensively to start with and then go from there but one thing is we need to stop conceding goals. Only the one clean sheet this year may be a place to start for a reason behind our troubles.

-----

tactics.png

A total of 0 wingers at the club. This is the formation I will have to muster together as there are no wide men at the club which has drawn me to a little frustration as I wanted to imply a basic 4-4-2 and sure us up defensively but I will have to stamp my own impression on the squad and we will have to make do with what we have. I have put the players on double sessions this week as I want us to be the fittest team in the league. We may certainly not have the best budget in the league but I will make these players work for the fans and give nothing less than 110% week in week out. It's not going to change overnight but we have a plan in place to utilise the current crop of players at our disposal. We kick off with my first match away at Hemel Hempstead who are in a rich vein of from winning 5 out of their last 6 games so we will go there just trying to frustrate them and hopefully we can get something from the game.

-----

match.png

So there was to be no fairytale start for us. There was a few positives on show but ultimately not good enough.
We look very very soft and I won't have that from my teams, the first two goals was preventable but we showed them too much respect. There is ability in the players here but they have to realize it themselves. We was in the game for one half and was playing good football but to come out after half time and concede within 45 seconds shows that we didn't start right after the game got re-underway and ultimately went chasing the whole of the 2nd half to try find the equaliser and got the sucker punch of the 3rd goal against us on the counter. We must be better than this, any player not pulling their weight will be shown the door.

Rangers.png

October
-----

form.png

To summarise our first month in change I wouldn't say it's a bad start to life at Concord considering we was rock bottom when arriving, we have shown we can go to places and get a result and there are some good footballers in the team all they needed was the confidence boost they was severely lacking! Writing off the Hemel Hempstead game as I believe we was just finding our feet we have only lost to table toppers Chelmsford who are blowing most teams away this year.

-----

Welling.png

Our first win as boss of Concord and it felt absolutely fantastic against a well-drilled Welling side. We took the lead just before half-time from a Freddie Moncur free-kick which will be on the highlight reels for goal of the season. 35 yards out and he sticks it in the top corner one of the best free-kicks I think we will see at this level. After the break Greg doubled our lead and all but secured the 3 points for us with a deftly taken finish. A fantastic performance by everyone on the pitch today, the 11 men won it for us and managed to get us out of the relegation zone temporarily. A delightful day all round for us at Concord.

-----

Billericay.png

We backed the Welling result up with a brilliant result away at free spending Billericay. A fantastic away performance and a smash and grab by all costs as we was defending for large periods of the game. I'm delighted for Decarrey Sheriff who tripled his tally of goals in one game as he previously had 1 in 16. The lad will run all day for you and always give you 110% and he deserved his goals today, I hope he takes great confidence from this and builds upon it. Another clean sheet as well which is always pleasing for the defensive minded people of us out there. This was a strong, resilient performance which the lads can be proud of.

-----

Chelms.png

I'm gutted for the lads today I really am. They showed fight, effort and hard work today but ultimately wasn't good enough. Chelmsford are top of the league and you can see why, they have a fantastic team which includes some fantastic players, some times you have to hold your hands up and say you got beat by the better team. Today was that day, It's frustrating we defended very well as a unit but a lapse in concentration for one minute allowed striker Robbie Simpson to tuck away at the near post from a corner. It's a bitter pill to swallow after a fantastic away performance but we have to move on as the season gives you no time for rest.

-----

Player of the Month

Sheriff.png

Decarray Sheriff

The young striker has come into his own since I have taken over and will run all day and give you nothing but hard work. His two goals this month have been well deserved and I believe we will see him kick on now. He has a big future in the game if he continues to develop.

-----

League Table

table.png

Matched the number of wins for the season within your first 4 games, staying up will be easy :p

November

form.png

As you can see, we are sailing the ship in the right direction. 2 wins and 1 loss in the league is alot more like top half from than relegation material and considering what we have been asked to achieve I believe if we keep working and training hard we can all achieve alot more than what we set out too. It was also nice to get a nice convincing win in the FA Trophy which is something we will be looking to try go on a bit of a run.

-----

east.png

Can't really ask for a much more dominating performance than that. Sheriff once again bags another brace as his goalscoring exploits seem to be ever growing and he looks like he has the confidence of a 20 goal a year man now. We had this game pretty much sown up by half time but we came out all guns blazing second half and we pretty much put Eastbourne to the sword.

-----

weald.png

A day of not turning up and we got punished by a clinical Wealdstone side, we have to be at our very best every game in this league as games come thick and fast. We needed to put this behind us and just re-focus.

-----

grinstead.png

A pretty easy day at the office as Cundle pretty much single-handedly put Grinstead to the stone. We was never really troubled and it showed with our dominating performance and a place in the next round of the FA Trophy. I was delighted for Greg as Decarrey Sheriff has been getting all the plaudits recently but Greg is the striker that knits all our play together and does all the unselfish things that go unrecognized for most.

-----

chipp.png

A very very tight game which could of gone either way if I wasn't being biased. A game full of effort and huff-and-puff but little quality. For the spectators it wasn't the best game of technical football they will ever see but I think our Concord fans will be coming home happy after Cundle put in a header from a corner 10 minutes from the break. Another win and we march on!

-----

Player of the Month
Cundle.png

A great month for Greg with the 5 goals this month, he is sharing the load of responsibility with Decarrey Sheriff at the moment and if one isn't firing the other one is which is a brilliant problem to have as a manager. He is still only young as well which is great because he will only get better.

-----

League Table

table.png