Uniloc issue.

Kaz

Reaction score
So i've googled and found a whole bunch of nothing. FM-Base, I NEED YOU!

This is the first time i've ever had an issue with Uniloc. I bought and downloaded the game from direct2drive.com shortly after the release date, and every so often when starting up FM, Uniloc will pop up and ask for my activation code, which I happily enter so that I may continue on to pwning noobs.

Well, yesterday I had to mess with some settings (proxy settings in browser, which have since been returned to normal) in order to remove some annoying spyware. So today I start up FM, and Uniloc pops up, as normal, only this time it can't connect to the activation servers (firewall is off). I receive the following message...

Disconnected Activation
We attempted to find an internet connection, but could not. This could be because your computer is disconnected from the internet or that the program is being blocked by a personal firewall. You have the following options:

Mind you, this is the only program i'm having any connection issues with. None of the "following options" offer any real help, so when continuing on and entering my code anyways, i receive the following error...

Your attempt to activate this title has failed.
Error code: -1912029

After exiting the uniloc activation program, the following message appears...

Cannot run game: Activation failed.
Error: Generic Uniloc error
Code: 8

As I previously stated, I've googled this and that with next to nothing helpful. I'm just hoping a fellow fm-baser has had a similar issue and happens to know a solution.

kaz

Last edited:
I'd recommend contacting uniloc or direct2drive.com for any support you need.

Had a little Google myself Kaz and can't find anything...

Guess you can just try the usual things. Can try re-installing it, maybe activate it on Steam if that's possible, update DirectX etc...

How'd you go about fixing it?

Well, the Uniloc authentication program masks its data as web traffic, so it turned out to be using the same port as IE. Uniloc launches IE when you click on options.
I had to change some proxy settings with IE when I had the spyware incident. Since I normally use Opera, I never changed the proxy settings back.
Launched up IE and boom fixed, fortunately.

Well, the Uniloc authentication program masks its data as web traffic, so it turned out to be using the same port as IE. Uniloc launches IE when you click on options.
I had to change some proxy settings with IE when I had the spyware incident. Since I normally use Opera, I never changed the proxy settings back.
Launched up IE and boom fixed, fortunately.
I've had the same problem but unfortunately have not found such an easy solution. I use Firefox and all I've done recently is update the software but haven't messed with any settings. Tried re-installing FM2010 and the 10.3+ patch switching off Norton all to no avail. It's true uniloc uses IE but IE works fine for me except when uniloc try to launch it from FM2010 to check the activation codes and then throws a tantrum. I am totally perplexed as to how to fix it.

I've had the same problem but unfortunately have not found such an easy solution. I use Firefox and all I've done recently is update the software but haven't messed with any settings. Tried re-installing FM2010 and the 10.3+ patch switching off Norton all to no avail. It's true uniloc uses IE but IE works fine for me except when uniloc try to launch it from FM2010 to check the activation codes and then throws a tantrum. I am totally perplexed as to how to fix it.

I'm having this issue also. I sent a question months ago to Sega support & got no reply. For me this was (apparently?) triggered after I launched the game without realizing it was already launched/minimized. I also use Firefox, btw.